KeyBoard Racers

Status
Not open for further replies.
regarding turbos- I know thats where its at. I spent the last 2 months planning to build a LSX turbo motor, and been looking at x275 rules.

To me, boost is simply a multiplier of NA horsepower minus loss to heat/friction/power to spin the hot side.

Example. if a motor makes 500 NA HP and you put 14.7 pounds of boost on it, this doubles the HP. So it would make 1000 now. But you have to subtract the efficiency, IAT/heat, and other factors and won't get 100% efficiency. Maybe 75.

This all depends on the compressor map and the efficiency of the turbo selected. The 370cu LSX motor would really work well with a 80 or 88 depending on vendor. one map I looked at was %85 percent efficient at 22 lbs.

I built a 68 VW about 10 years ago with a T3/T4 draw-through and holley 4BBL. Motor was basically stock with adjusted ring and bearing gap. I ran C16 and put about 27-28lbs on it in the 1/8. It would run 7.0's all day long shifting a 4-speed. It would spool about 5lb on the two step and I would drop the clutch at 6000.

But for now, I just happened to have a nitrous kit and I put it on my cam ls1. Got a d1sc procharger kit but need a lot of parts for it.

See ya'll on the 20th.. dont take this internet shiiiz too serious

You have learned to copy and paste very well.Now go to sleep and dream about your "NEW" used walbro 255.:wink:
Spray 75, 150 or 175? Cam only ls1 - LS1TECH

Hell. I'm broke from buying a whole new suspension and 9" this week after all this. :eek:

But as you see on the ls1 board, its a bolt on suspension, cam only street car and I'm gonna spray the eyeballs out of it on the 20th since its all out there.

i though about spraying 200 out of the hole so this cheap azzz pump better be good.

The lights will be on in TnT so you should see it go a 10.50 on a 150 shot playa.. if you want to be straight up.

Every single post that you make on that site,and others,shows what a rank amateur you are.A complete "Newb" a "Wannabee".

Sniff Sniiff.. now i'm sad.

I was playing before.. but drag your junk down on the 20th and we will see who the noob is..

How do you want it lil buddy?

Backhalf car or stock suspension?

CASH, no checks

Every single post that you make on that site,and others,shows what a rank amateur you are.A complete "Newb" a "Wannabee".

What do you give back to the community dude? Look at all your posts, you just bash people.

I actually try to learn and go faster. And test at the track.

Now poof.. be gone. Grown men talking here.

Now it looks better...

You really are a teaser...is it me or that avatar just got centered/bigger??? :confused: Stop teasing & post the whole pic! :cool:

You really are a teaser...is it me or that avatar just got centered/bigger??? :confused: Stop teasing & post the whole pic! :cool:

Yes! Please post the whole Pic! It's the only reason I'm looking at this thread now! I have always admired that avatar lol!

regarding turbos- I know thats where its at. I spent the last 2 months planning to build a LSX turbo motor, and been looking at x275 rules.

To me, boost is simply a multiplier of NA horsepower minus loss to heat/friction/power to spin the hot side.

Example. if a motor makes 500 NA HP and you put 14.7 pounds of boost on it, this doubles the HP. So it would make 1000 now. But you have to subtract the efficiency, IAT/heat, and other factors and won't get 100% efficiency. Maybe 75.

Never thought about it quite like that, but that's true and an interesting point.

Put it this way.. its going to take about 20-25lbs of boost to win . Better get some BIG injectors, methanol, and turn the boost waaaay up
He, he, he. 20-25lbs of boost on alcy is not turning the boost way up, that is just normal street trim:biggrin:.

Status
Not open for further replies.