Just tried some E-85 and wow!

Alright comedians Lets try this ONE more time.
Disclaimer not sure if you missed it or not so here it is AGAIN.

LOL= laughing out loud, funny, joke.
tough crowd we have here i hope that the pitch forks weren't out yet LOL

Just got around to checking the check engine light on the GTP and guess what?
The E85 messed up my MAF. LOL
From Actron reader - Code P0102 = Mass OR Volume Air Flow A Circuit Low Input.
Guys
You guys missed the "LOL"
Funny how stuff happens. Coincidence-- i put a few gallons of E85 and the MAF starts to act up.
I know the MAF and E85 don't have anything to with each other but the timing couldn't have been any better (worst).
Any way i'll get this fixed then ill come back to the E85 and try it again. i just hope that my wipers don't stop working this time since this is my DD.
BTW a can of CRC MAF cleaner is already in the trunk.
gotta watch that e85 dave , i hear it lets the air out of your tires too
It killed my battery.

Hey I put e85 in my car and the battery died soon after...so it must be the e85 right

So you can make a joke, but we can't?

Alright comedians Lets try this ONE more time.
Disclaimer not sure if you missed it or not so here it is AGAIN.

LOL= laughing out loud, funny, joke.
tough crowd we have here i hope that the pitch forks weren't out yet LOL
Hey I put e85 in my car and the battery died soon after...so it must be the e85 right

So you can make a joke, but we can't?

I got it but still you know just in case, i do have a track record of doing ship backwards, sideways and the wrong way then i expect good results so i just had to clarify just in case ???
BTW The internet really leaves out a lot, especially in the humor department

I got it but still you know just in case, i do have a track record of doing ship backwards, sideways and the wrong way then i expect good results so i just had to clarify just in case ???
BTW The internet really leaves out a lot, especially in the humor department

That's not funny........:p

Blended some E85 into my 79 Trans Am. Car loves it! It runs a bit rich on regular gasoline, so a little E85 mixed in worked out nicely.

I restored the car a few years ago, so it has newer fuel hoses and new fuel lines, and the quadrajet has been updated too.

Just finished my all-out E85 conversion! I'm bummed because the fun was pretty short-lived!! I had previously been running about 17-18psi with 93 and a failing pump. After the new pump(s)!, i slowly bumped it up one turn at a time keeping track of fuel psi too. After two full turns, i was only at 18 so i figured i'd go ahead and put two turns once. Heehee - boost gauge screamed up to about 27psi and lit up the tires, and i mean SMOKED 'em in 2nd at about 50 mph!!! That was fun but i got 2.3 KR, so I pulled over to back it down a turn. Turns out i blew the damned boost controller hose off the wastegate actuator. Awwww MAN!! It's damned late now and it's hotter than a two-dollar pistol under that turbo, so the heck with it for tonight. I'll put it back on tomorrow and clamp it or zip-tie it really good. Anyway, another gasser gone corn!!! And lovin' it!!!!

After two full turns, i was only at 18 so i figured i'd go ahead and put two turns once. Heehee - boost gauge screamed up to about 27psi and lit up the tires, and i mean SMOKED 'em in 2nd at about 50 mph!!! That was fun but i got 2.3 KR, so I pulled over to back it down a turn. Turns out i blew the damned boost controller hose off the wastegate actuator. Awwww MAN!!

Yea, smoking the tires at 50-60mph is VERY addicting!! When 50mph at 27psi isn't enough there is always 65-70mph at 30psi..:D

Don't let the high boost scare you just make sure that you're prepared for all the issues of blowing off hoses and up-pipes, oil leaks, etc that come with it.
What turbo are you running, stock? I don't see it in your sig.

KS

Yep still just the old stocker. As for oil leaks, i had 'em before. They're next. Then AC. Then i'm going to enjoy it for awhile. It was in great shape when i bought it. I'm glad i didn't buy one that needed a lot of work!!!

OK
ON the LC2
The tank was damn near empty so i just went for it.
I dropped in 4.15 Gallons of E85 to a FULL tank of gas (not one more drop could fit in the tank)
I went for about a 15 mile drive and slowly but surely it started to feel different.
I wasn't able to go WOT but did go about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and the car feels GREAT.
Hopefully before the rain tomorrow i'll be able to test it a bit more.
i am also going to log the WOT blasts and post them up.

Anyway with an 18 gal. capacity that works out to about 22%. Please correct this if its wrong.

maybe its just my car since every car is different but I dont get too caied away with getting an exact ratio........I am now on my 3rd tank up and I put 3.8-4.0 gallons of E-85 and then top it off with 93. No problems at all the car friggen loves loves it!

The one thing I do notice is a lil rough run until I get some heat in the engine.....I notice it even more in my vette because its carburated but no biggie just get some heat in it and then all is good!