Just put down 573rwhp/640ft lbs with a 6265

Adrian87

This turbo is a MONSTER. Spools waaay quicker than the TE45A, way better bottom end and midrange, and it feels like a ton of bricks in the back of the head locking the converter around 80 mph. Wow.

Highly recommend this turbo for any application.

ApOUISv.jpg

Dyno shop put this up: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...56757218.10166.118565514935289&type=1&theater

Thanks Bison.

Not sure. We do need to figure it out though. Stock type actuator and a basic ball and spring bleeder valve.

krom said:
Why is your boost dropping after 4700 RPM?

He needs a heavier wastegate actuator spring. This is common with factory style actuators. This turbo was setup to spool fast. It could use a larger a/r and it will reduce the boost fall off as rpm climbs but would spool slower. The dyno graph power band represents a small hyd cam

Ah ha. Thanks. I didn't get any paperwork with the turbo, do you have any details/specs on it you can send? I just know it's a PTE 6265 and I think you said you did some sort of mods to it. I think it was a Garrett .63 housing?

Adrian87 said:
Ah ha. Thanks. I didn't get any paperwork with the turbo, do you have any details/specs on it you can send? I just know it's a PTE 6265 and I think you said you did some sort of mods to it. I think it was a Garrett .63 housing?
I can't remember if it was a Garrett .63 housing. Precision doesn't have any maps for their turbos.

What's the rest of your combo? How much boost and timing

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That was at 28-29#. I don't know timing, JD will probably see this later and chime in, I can't remember..pretty standard build really.

stock displacement
forged TRW's
Champion irons
T&D roller rockers
Comp Cams 206 roller
2 billet center caps
80# injectors
Aeromotive 340 pump
alky
arp bolts, studs
PTS 9x11 converter
Extreme Automatics Stage 2 trans, billet drum, billet input shaft
Precision front mount
Precision 6265CEA from Bison
beehive springs
3" THDP
Hooker exhaust

Thanks Adrian, the tune is more thanks to Eric Marshal honestly haha. The timing is box stock 23/21. It still has a bit on the table but with the variance in the 10% ethanol 93 around here I wanted it to be pretty safe. The car really liked the 10.4ish a/f ratio on the street so that's where I left it. I hope the track numbers look as good as the dyno.

Brian where will my turbo start to fall down, I never brought it up .63 or .83 I got a 63????

qws2000 said:
Brian where will my turbo start to fall down, I never brought it up .63 or .83 I got a 63????

I don't know. I never saw anyone with a Buick ever come close to running one out. My guess is 84-85lbs/min for the 6466 import racers have been that high but at much higher pressure ratios than we ever run on their smaller engines. Probably back pressure limited. The compressor may be good for a little more than that though. I would rec a .63 anyway. They are more than .63. More like .73 with that wheel in them. Youre splitting hairs at that point.