Just put down 573rwhp/640ft lbs with a 6265

Those are awesome numbers out of a 62mm compressor, much better than the numbers I posted the other day. Tq is insane with precision .63 housing on a small turbo. I'm headed to the track tonight to see if I can back up my numbers. What do you expect yours to run at this setting? Also you could log boost on the street to see if that helps with boost drop since you will see more load. At least that has been true for my car so far.

Adrian87 said:
That was at 28-29#. I don't know timing, JD will probably see this later and chime in, I can't remember..pretty standard build really.

stock displacement
forged TRW's
Champion irons
T&D roller rockers
Comp Cams 206 roller
2 billet center caps
80# injectors
Aeromotive 340 pump
alky
arp bolts, studs
PTS 9x11 converter
Extreme Automatics Stage 2 trans, billet drum, billet input shaft
Precision front mount
Precision 6265CEA from Bison
beehive springs
3" THDP
Hooker exhaust

We have almost identical builds. Nice to see that kind of power

The combo is making good power on the dyno and if it is a full weight car, charts show it is capable of 10.80's @ 125 MPH. There can be a big difference in capability and track results. I've experienced that and it was not any fun to make 588 WHP on a Mustang dyno backed up by VE calculation of 578 WHP on 25lbs of boost then go to the track and run 11.20's@123MPH on 27lbs of boost and VE calulations showed more WHP but TC slippage was 12.3%. Fought that battle for a couple of months and finally decided to get a PTC 9.5 NL and car went 10.90's on it first race pass. Wore the motor out trying to get it to run where it should have been and never got there. Finally decided the combo was not right and the engine could not take all the air the turbo was pushing even at 29lbs of boost. Went to a GN Performance stroker kit, 80lb injectors, 218/218 roller, Arizona GN SS headers and girdled the block to handle the extra power. New setup had a lot more power even though VE calculations say it doesn't make over 550 WHP and I don't expect I'll ever put it on a dyno again. Broke a few parts in the process of seeing what it will do. Best is 10.37 at 131.88 at 25lbs of boost with a crappy launch and crunching 3 teeth on the ring gear in the process. Charts say that is MPH with that weight is 615 WHP. Car now runs 10.40's on 23lbs of boost after some changes but recent changes seem to be good but have not been to the track to find that out.

I wish the OP the best but I don't think it will be a walk in the park for him to run 10.80's right off the bat.

Quick six,
That post was excellent from top to bottom. I also built a motor last year and never really made a true pass. I remember somewhere in the middle of the year I knew this combo was never taking me where I wanted to go. So with less then 1500 miles on this motor and it's coming out... Now I a stroker bottom end, a new Turbo pte 6466, and Front Mount Intercooler 315 xf,,,, And Brian (Bison) did the Cam/Heads and will now consult the rest of motor... I am very excited of where this motor can go, and thanks to Brian and his combo this car is going to fly

Do you know what kind of numbers the car made with the TE45A , Id like to upgrade from my 45A and and tryig to decide what turbo to go with.

Any track times yet for the OP? I don't think he will have any problem running at least in the mid-10's. My combo is smaller and although I don't run the 1/4, my 1/8 time indicates at least a high-10 run at only 24-25#. Also, the most hp I could get on a Mustang dyno was 416, which is way less than what the car's performance indicates.

All you guys are making great power with the 6x series turbos. I can't believe after 26 years, it is exciting to have one of these cars.

I plan to hit the track this Friday. Having problems fitting the new GN1 IC pipe, and I've gotta get the fender lips rolled a bit more to clear the Et Streets, I think I can get it all done by Friday though. I will report back. Yes, the dyno run was at 28#.

I do not know what the car made with the 45A but I can tell you that just the low end and mid range improvement alone is worth the upgrade. I did feel the top end might have suffered a little, but after bumping it back up to 28-29# I think it's just as stout, if not stronger.

I plan to hit the track this Friday. Having problems fitting the new GN1 IC pipe, and I've gotta get the fender lips rolled a bit more to clear the Et Streets, I think I can get it all done by Friday though. I will report back. Yes, the dyno run was at 28#.

I do not know what the car made with the 45A but I can tell you that just the low end and mid range improvement alone is worth the upgrade. I did feel the top end might have suffered a little, but after bumping it back up to 28-29# I think it's just as stout, if not stronger.

I wish you the best for your trip to the track Friday night.

Mine is ready to go to the track but the weather forecaster's say OKC area has high probability for more storms this week like the ones that hit Moore and other towns in central Oklahoma last week. I sure hope not.

What housing did you have with the 45A? Would be nice to compare turbos with the same housing.

What kind of rear tires you gonna run at the track? I'm curious to see what you run at the track. I may go run next weekend if I get a drive shaft loop in, in time

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I got Et Street Radials, 275/60/15. They look and feel like they'll hook plenty well. Unfortunately I am having a problem with a coupler between the IC pipe and IC..keeps blowing off, going to have to order a different coupler. Should make it by next week.

Spray hair spray on the pipe and inside the coupler before you put it on. I've have good luck with that

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app