Just Moved to SD.

King Monza

a.k.a. Mr. Clark
Any other TR owners on this board in this area? Or any good ideas on places to go on a Friday/Saturday night for some "hypothetical racing"? Let me know! I am bored as hell here!

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Check out Cruisin' Grand in Escondido every friday night. Also, pretty decent car show on the first sunday of the month at Daltons (san marcos area).

As for the racing there's an 1/8th mile track at Qualcomm every other friday (check out RaceLegal.com)

Other tracks include: Barona, etc... There are lots of "racers" here so I'm sure they'll chime in.

Just watch out if you're out in the streets. You'll get 3 days in County for watching a race, let alone flagging or actually racing which I think now is a felony with a 30 day impound. But that's in San Diego city, not the entire county. So just be aware of your surroundings.

Is that hypothetically what you were looking for?

Any other TR owners on this board in this area? Or any good ideas on places to go on a Friday/Saturday night for some "hypothetical racing"? Let me know! I am bored as hell here!

Honestly, I havent street raced in like 8 years, maybe longer (and my wife becoming a Sheriff had nothing to do with it:biggrin: ) But it got old and dangerous quick! But if you really want to have fun and embaress some Honda's and other imports or whatever, go to Qualcomm. Those cars are slow as hel! and if you could run mid 8's and faster in the 1/8 you have about 80% of the people beat! Plus its pretty cheap and you get plenty of runs! But if you run 8's at Barona, youll probly be one of the slowest cars there, unless Slow Luis (aka turbo39151) shows up and decides to finally race!:D

Don't be surprised if you find the SD crowd to have some serious issues.Fondness of farm animals is one of them.

Yup, SD has cracked down a lot on street racing in the past 10 years. It's not like the way it used to be. I think you can thank the ricers for that. Surely not worth getting caught and losing your ride. As mentioned there's Qualcomm and Barona drag racing. Not an 1/8th mile fan myself but it's better than nothing.

Anyway welcome to SD.:smile:

Right on for the info guys! Sucks that there is no "hypothetical racing" around here. I just moved from an area were it wasnt incredibly uncommon to see an off duty officer making sure that know one was being stupid at an event. Quallcom sounds good. I wish i got to that LACR event but i was moving my **** into the new place. I think im going to have to hit that up this week. Any one else going? And where can i get race gas around here? I have that thumbwheel chip and i havent been able to enjoy the extra boost for a while. Even 100 unleaded will work with one of my settings. Let me know!

Mike

Don't be surprised if you find the SD crowd to have some serious issues.Fondness of farm animals is one of them.

Baaahhhh. Lou started the whole "wool" thing out here. I guess it was just a phase for him, during one of his breakups with Bill. :D :D :D

Baaahhhh. Lou started the whole "wool" thing out here. I guess it was just a phase for him, during one of his breakups with Bill. :D :D :D
I don't know how it all got started. My tarnished reputation & all. I suspect you & 75 H.P. Neal had a lot to do with it though.lol

Back home there were a few 76 stations that sold race gas at the pump.... are there any around here that do that?

I always got all my race gas down at Cosby Oil. Virtually any octane you want, pumped into your container, plus 100 NL at the pump.

i remember making my rent money going to race down off of claremont mesa blvd. in the early 90's. we would end up in t.j. that night.