Just had 87 GN shipped to Denver. Any mechanics?

Dan Roberts

Just received my 1987 Buick Grand National from Florida. Father-in-law gave it to me. Does anyone know any trustworthy mechanics in the Denver area? This GN has been modified (larger turbo, injectors, line lock etc). It runs, but possible bad cylinder. Have been working on replacing all vacuum lines, plugs, belt etc. and fixing electrical issues. Any help would be appreciated. Just need to verify all is good with the cylinder.

Can't help you with a mechanic.but caspers electronics is in Loveland.im down in pueblo.there are a few GN owners in denver I'm sure they'll chime in.welcome to the dark side.

You should be able to get a shop to do a leak down and compression test. Just don't let them tune it, unless they specialize in Turbo Buicks.
Best to get with the locals in your area. Feel free to ask questions here. This is your new guy thread. You own it.;)

Here's some info to get you started. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/

Welcome to the site and Happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Still trying to figure what has been done to this car. I know it has a bigger turbo, aftermarket intercooler, 50lb injectors, Revision E Extender Chip, Hooker Exhaust, Line Lock, torque lock and Fan Switches. This car used to be dragged, time slips in the glove compartment. 12.3 quarter mile in 2004. compression tested all cylinders. They are reading approx 115psi +-5. I did not hold the throttle open and the test was done with a cold engine. Working on electrical problems right now, but has been running good in the garage. Need to also track down a brake leak before taking it out on the road. to remove the test pipe and install a catalytic converter. Is the offer still good for the cat?? Just installed a Scanmaster this weekend, will post results as soon as I can. I don't know anything about tuning these cars, but am ready to learn.