just got powerlogger working on mac-MacBook Air

stevek

just got my power logger to work on my mac MacBoork Air, all seems good, the power logger picture is alittle smaller than on my old Dell but looke clearer and all reading seem to be same also, took car out and recorded two runs please take alook and let me know if able to read them and what you think of the runs it was pretty cool morning here just outside charlotte nc. car pulled pretty good to.

Attachments

• 10 14 blm 135 open exhaust.dat
    168.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 10 14 blm 135.dat
    148.8 KB · Views: 75
Been thinking about getting a powerlogger but also have a macbook pro. anything special ou have to do?

don't want to try and get one of the old laptops with windows going

stevek said:
just got my power logger to work on my mac MacBoork Air, all seems good, the power logger picture is alittle smaller than on my old Dell but looke clearer and all reading seem to be same also, took car out and recorded two runs please take alook and let me know if able to read them and what you think of the runs it was pretty cool morning here just outside charlotte nc. car pulled pretty good to.

So what did you have to do? Think you could do it for the iPad or iPhone?

Don't you have to connect with USB cable? would love to use a Ipad though if it could be done bluetooth

Just starting to read about this stuff so sorry if I ask stupid ??'s about this stuff

Do you have windows running on your Mac? I just tried to download the EXE file for powerlogger and it wont even open it.

sorry i had to step out for awhile to watch games but i had to install VMWARE FUSION 5 FROM APPLE store , they installed it at the store when i purchased laptop,then had to partition some space on mac to run windows xp apple store did this for me, then down load window xp. but they didm;t install driver the right way on fusion so my wife called fusion 5 and they told her what to do they were very help ful.You have your mac running then open up fusion 5 and then windows is there, then down load power logger as directions say.

Did you intend to set the target a/f's so lean?
I've tried to run my a/f in the 10's and 9's but it seem to run quicker higher up the a/f is, In first gear i also tried to run it in 10- 9 a/f setting and it would not seem to get boost up quick enough befor i went to 2nd gear. I am baseing my times off the power logger when gauges are shown and watch my 0 to 60 mph, then just subtract the times on power logger then do the same for 60 to 100 mph and see if any improvements in time.

Don't you have to connect with USB cable? would love to use a Ipad though if it could be done bluetooth

Just starting to read about this stuff so sorry if I ask stupid ??'s about this stuff
Yes i still have to connect usb cable , I also know very little about all this but my wife is very good at it and the genius desk at apple store is good also you just have try to get same person each time when you get there, it took a few trips and phone call to VMWARE FUSION 5.

I was able to get the powerlogger up and running on my 15" MacBook Pro with Retina display last night using VMWare Fusion running Windows XP. It was pretty easy to do. One issue was keyboard mapping of the function keys to toggle the graphs. You just need to make sure they are set correctly. Seems to be running as good as the Lenovo I had been using.

how did you get it to work when macs dont have a cd drive did u use an adapter i have a macbook air too and would like to get a powerlogger

Do you have to buy VMware, or is it a shareware program? Also, did you have to buy a separate version of Window, or did it come with it?

Buy both unless you have an old version of windows hanging around that you can use. Most any version from xp on will work.

'87 GN 58K miles (rebuilt engine by Don Cruz at 47K), 6262 Billet Precision Turbo, Precision 60 lbs injectors, 206/210 Revolution X Roller Cam, Comp Roller lifters, Champion Iron Heads, Champion Ported Intake, T&D 1.65 Roller Rockers, 70 mm Hemco Upper Intake, 70 mm Acufab TB, PTC 10" TC 2800 Stall w/LU, Razor's Kit, ESP FMIC, B & M Shift kit, 3" GN1 DP w/46mm external wastegate, 2 3/4" Dual Magna flow exhaust, ATR Headers, 3.5" Kirbans Aluminium Driveshaft, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Spohn Boxed Rear Lowers, Spohn Rear Uppers, SD2 Chip, XP Plus Fuel Pump w/hotwire, Turbonetics Boost Controller, Scanmaster, Powerlogger, Hurst Line Lock, MT ET Streets 255/50-16