Just got my Precision turbo and I lost power

As much as possible its always good to have a goal to shoot for. Having one will help keep you from buying parts that you may soon outgrow and save you money by not buying parts that you may not need, like heads...
Wait so you can get good power with out having to do nothing to the heads or replace them?

Do the alky, keep a look out for a dutt neck stock converter, slowly raise boost to 22, add a trans cooler. Should be fine for a while.

You sir need to do some searching. What do you want out of this car? With the turbo you just sold, heads, converter,trans,alky, intercooler and a few other small things you could have had a awsome setup but it sounded like you didn't want to spend all this money. You keep jumping all around on what you want.

So my question to you is, what is your goals for this car?
I'm just trying to avoid going for crazy money you know? Like avoiding a trans upgrade and a bigger turbo. I just figured with an ALKY kit and bigger IC I should be ok... What are my goals?? I want to glued to my seat!! I want people who get in the car to be scared lol

I would have kept the 6262. Do you have a scan tool to log the engine parameters? Tuning goes a long way in regards to modding a turbo engine.

Went 11.3 with untouched heads, how fast do you think you can afford to go?
What did you have on your car to get to 11's? I mean if I upgraded my trans and did 60lb injectors do you think that would make a world of difference along with what I already have going?

The Glued to your seat feel comes in below 11.90, and no "glue" at 18psi on a stock cfm motor, you would have to run the 49 up into the 20's for that feeling so you need the alky, you can get that feeling on the combo you listed even with the stock intercooler.. and I would have kept the 6262 spools like a raped ape with a converter change..

The Glued to your seat feel comes in below 11.90, and no "glue" at 18psi on a stock cfm motor, you would have to run the 49 up into the 20's for that feeling so you need the alky, you can get that feeling on the combo you listed even with the stock intercooler.. and I would have kept the 6262 spools like a raped ape with a converter change..
Lmfaooo. That's great! Raped ape!! Yeah that's two bad moves in one month for me. Whatever as soon as I get more cash I'll do a trans upgrade and try again. Thanks

First off, have you run your car at the track with your current combo? With traction and more boost it should be able to run low 12s to high 11s if the engine and trans are in top shape, including the tune. To be able to run boost in the 22 or more range with that 49 you need octane and cooling. You could run 100ul, mix toluene to 93, add an octane booster, or add alkycontrol. 100ul is the easiest to do, no mixing. HomeBrew and octane boosters mean mixing. Those chemicals are nasty. Alky is expensive up front. After that it's not that expensive to run. Cooling comes frome the alky and larger intercooler. You can work your way down an intercooler. No matter how you slice it running 11s costs money whether you buy a new Camaro or mod a TB.

First off, have you run your car at the track with your current combo? With traction and more boost it should be able to run low 12s to high 11s if the engine and trans are in top shape, including the tune. To be able to run boost in the 22 or more range with that 49 you need octane and cooling. You could run 100ul, mix toluene to 93, add an octane booster, or add alkycontrol. 100ul is the easiest to do, no mixing. HomeBrew and octane boosters mean mixing. Those chemicals are nasty. Alky is expensive up front. After that it's not that expensive to run. Cooling comes frome the alky and larger intercooler. You can work your way down an intercooler. No matter how you slice it running 11s costs money whether you buy a new Camaro or mod a TB.
The ALKY is on its way! Should be here tomorrow. I had my hopes on the Intercooler thinking that my spool would be s lot faster and I would get more power. Guess that's just not the case. But at least I got the ALKY.

Jimmy, I wish I read and understood this 16 years ago; vortexbuicks.com .. Slow down and digest this stuff before you have regrets. You can fly with a maxed out small combo and still be reliable. More simple you keep it happier you will be.

Jimmy, I wish I read and understood this 16 years ago; vortexbuicks.com .. Slow down and digest this stuff before you have regrets. You can fly with a maxed out small combo and still be reliable. More simple you keep it happier you will be.
I hear deezdad... Thanx. My problem is that I want it all right now. I gota slow down. What I'm doing is testing different parts and wasting money.

But one question.. People are saying to get the dutt wilder elbow but my thing is why do that when you can you can just the GN1

But one question.. People are saying to get the dutt wilder elbow but my thing is why do that when you can you can just the GN1
Look in the for sale section on here theirs a few stretch slic's , or they do come up for sale often, you can get them for half the price of the gn1, the dutt-neck you better know a good welder or its a pain in the a$$....also just the stock ic can get you in the 11s which sounds like all your gonna need..

Look in the for sale section on here theirs a few stretch slic's , or they do come up for sale often, you can get them for half the price of the gn1, the dutt-neck you better know a good welder or its a pain in the a$$....also just the stock ic can get you in the 11s which sounds like all your gonna need..
Thanks.. Oh your car is sick by the way!! Very nicely done!!

Why, because it's cheaper and it will be more then enough for your goals. We are trying to get you to your goals and keep you in budget. The GN1 intercooler will be overkill and work and you can grow into it but it's alot more money. I would get a precision SLIC intercooler if I was going to buy a new unit.

A duttneck isn't holding back a te49, its lighter, has better ground clearance, its cheaper, won't interfere with any braces or sway bars, while the inter cooler is out for welding you clean it out using the gnttype spring cleaning method.

Why, because it's cheaper and it will be more then enough for your goals. We are trying to get you to your goals and keep you in budget. The GN1 intercooler will be overkill and work and you can grow into it but it's alot more money. I would get a precision SLIC intercooler if I was going to buy a new unit.
Yeah your right. I've thinking about that too. And if I ever need to sell it it will keep its value

Concerning "slow spool", you can take your downpipe off and see the carbon trail on the turbo. It may be off center and leaking boost past the flapper. Do you have the regular or hd actuator? What ever you do, you're not going to feel power with your set up at 18lbs.