Just got my Precision turbo and I lost power

Jimmyboost87

I can't figure it out. The call ran better with the TA 49 I understand that I need a better stall converter. When I'm on highway and I had to gas it's still doesn't give you that pull like this turbo should. I at a loss for words.

The turbo is a 6262..... The stall is stock which is why the turbo lag, I get that... But the loss of power? I mean I could be going 40 put my foot down and it feels like my ta49 or slower!! I power break it and it takes a long time to build boost and the burn out is very weak too.

Now my scan master numbers are reading ok i think.. O2 reads over 750@WOT my AF is over 220 when I'm boosting so the mass air is working... Has a turbo tweak chip 42.5 injectors, hot wire, pump, power plate and a typhoon fuel regulator. Eric from TT told me that regulator would work just fine with those injectors. So other than the lag from not having the right converter the car should pull like a banchy on the highway no? It's just not there. And I have it 16lbs of boost just to be safe. Guess I had to high of expectations and it was just a total wast of money for my application. I'm so pissd

A 62 compressor @16psi on a stock engine won't be anywhere near as fast as a te44/ta49. Even those are not neck snappers with a stock converter even when using the small Garrett housing. It's a mismatch for the mass flow requirement. A 62 compressor should not be used below 50lbs/min in any application imo. At 16psi on a stock engine you are at about 28-30lbs/min depending on how good the air is. Right in the meat of the high efficiency islands for a stock turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will wake up when you run more boost. With MAF reporting only 220 you are barely scratching the surface. It won't get interesting until you have the MAF pegged at 255 and then go way past that

Your probably only using 15-20% of that turbo at 16psi.

at 16psi 6262 on my stock-ish combo felt pretty slow. 42lb injectors were about 80%. Installed 60lb deka's, alky, and turned it up to 21psi. Moves out now, spool up is a little slow but Im satisfied with the performance so far.

I have a hot air car. I put the work 6262 into a stock housing with a GTX35 billet wheel. My engine is completely opened up. It scares the shit out of me with 25lb of boost and the steering gets light on accel and the tires squeel at highway speed. Tune it, bigger injectors, stall, open it up or you will never see the benefits of shoving a bunch of air and hardly any fuel inside the engine.

prime example of jus because ur new turbo is RATED at more HP then ur previous Turbo doesn't mean its gonna make more power at the same boost level. Bison is spot on as usual.

my 6262 is a pig at 15 PSI.

Last edited:
You need to get Dusty to spec you up an good converter for that new turbo. That will make a difference. Even running higher boost and timing won't fix your problem. Get a converter and be happy again. Then think about turning up the boost and be really happy.

prime example of jus because ur new turbo is RATED at more HP then ur previous Turbo doesn't mean its gonna make more power at the same boost level. Bison is spot on as usual.

my 6262 is a pig at 15 PSI.

The thing I like about GNBrett is, like Bison he is always spot on too.

We even tweaked the chip.. Advanced the timing a smidge and added fuel. There's no knock.. I'm so confused
Upgrade the pump, injectors,chip and convert it over to E85... Put the boost at 23-24 psi , match the convertor to that setup and you wont even recognize the car

Upgrade the pump, injectors,chip and convert it over to E85... Put the boost at 23-24 psi , match the convertor to that setup and you wont even recognize the car
I sold the turbo already. Way to much money for all that. I couldn't swing it. Plus I hear that once you change the converter you start having trans issues??