Junk buick sighting. Possible wh1?

HouTX87

Sorry for the bad pic but this was as close as I could get to the car. Any thoughts?
IMG_20140713_113231.jpg

Find out if it's for sale. Might be a great find to restore and worst case scenario, if it's a rusty, mess that is impossible to save, there's probably a few dollars to be made parting it out.

Sure looks like a wh1, but should have black around the tail lights..

Looks to have the the rear trunk lid spoiler that the wh1 came with from the factory !! So I would definitely investigate further if it was me.

I'll be going back back by this weekend to see what I can find out. It's in the back field of an RV storage center next to a bunch of junk mustangs mostly. I found that there were only 463 WH1 cars built in '86 so I will definitely investigate further.

http://www.g-body.org/history/b/prod-b.php

Is it possible that the chrome tail lamp trim would be optional on a wh1 or not?

Is it possible that the chrome tail lamp trim would be optional on a wh1 or not?
I don't think so, I don't ever recall seeing one with chrome tail and headlights, the bumpers yes and 86 grill, but someone could have just swapped out taillights, definitely worth investigating....

It doesn't appear to have a high mount stop lamp. Doesn't that rule out the possibility of an 86 model?

It also appears to have rear defogger option, it's also possible maybe one of a couple things happened. They could of pulled the rear brakelight assembly out of the car or someone added the trunk spoiler to the car. If you could get on top of the car, be easy to see what it really was..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'll find out Saturday if someone's there and will let me take a look at it. In the meantime it's fun to speculate.

My understanding is a very limited number of the "designer series" were offered in 1986, As mentioned above. The previous years there were many more.im thinking they strung the rear defogger around the 3rd brake lamp like an outline?????
I will check when I get home to confirm wether im delusional or not..I believe the "designer" had the black out trim standard (at least in 86').. my wh1 is in complete disguise black at the moment.Didnt realize what I had when I first aquired it..Curious to find out whats in the storage yard

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well today Brian aka GBGN1 and I went over to see about the car. Taking another look through the fence we think it is an 84 or 85 wh1. The tail light trim is not chrome like I first thought. It is black believe it or not, but it's so bleached out from the sun that it's almost white. We knocked on the door, no answer. Called the number on the sign and the guy rudely stated that none of the cars are for sale. Oh well, well tried. :/

Well today Brian aka GBGN1 and I went over to see about the car. Taking another look through the fence we think it is an 84 or 85 wh1. The tail light trim is not chrome like I first thought. It is black believe it or not, but it's so bleached out from the sun that it's almost white. We knocked on the door, no answer. Called the number on the sign and the guy rudely stated that none of the cars are for sale. Oh well, well tried. :/

Wow, what a tease. Good on you for trying though.

I wonder if someone offered the owner enough money if they'd change their tune any?
Really a shame to just let the car sit there to be subjected to the elements and not fixed up to be enjoyed.

They say everything's for sale... for a price. If anyone is interested in the location let me know. I really couldn't see it being worth much.

If it was fully restored it could be worth a good amount, if it indeed was a WH-1 which it appears to be.
It'd be interesting just owning it and fixing it up to it's former glory to enjoy alittle bit on the road on weekends or something.