Jump to first unread button

ijames

Hate to complain after all your hard work, but the jump to first unread button in a forum listing to the left of each thread title does not work. It opens the thread but stays at the top. The new button at the top of an opened thread does work but only on that page, it doesn't jump to a later page of a multi-page thread even if that is where the first unread message is. Thanks, Jay.

MIne either, it kinda jumps to the middle of a multipage thread.

Thanks guys, keep letting us know these things so we can get them worked out!

This works for me and a couple of others I have asked.

Are you letting the page load completley before you hit the first unread button?

What you using for cache cleaners? If your cookie from TB is removed it want work!

This works for me and a couple of others I have asked.

Are you letting the page load completley before you hit the first unread button?

What you using for cache cleaners? If your cookie from TB is removed it want work!

Yes, waiting for the page to fully load.
As for cache cleaners... ???? I haven't changed a thing on my browser since this new site came up. Is there something I need to do to IE now?

In addition, I find that this function does not work on either my work or home computers.
However, on both of these computers, the function works just fine on the other two buick boards.

What skin are you using?

Me too. Everytime I follow a link to a new post, it just sends me back to the wrong place. I have to scroll down, or even go to the next page to see the most recent post. It is not working right at all.

Hey, my Email now works!!!:)

What skin....the new skin.

I do sit and wait for the complete page to load before I start hitting buttons.

I dunno.. it works fine for me and Shane both. Are you using IE?

Ive made a change in the algorithm used for "Last Unread Post." Let me know if it starts working. You may need to clear your cache and cookies. It may turn out to be too taxing on the database to use the method I've gone to but let's see how it goes.

Well, I have erased my cookies and brownies may times over the past few months, and again just a few minutes ago.

I recieved an email about Jay's new post to this thread ....and when I click on the link, I get sent to the top of this thread, not the new posts.

Still not working right....

Give me a minute..I'l try one more time.

Good news...it has worked after my most recent cookie dump.

Youre going to have to dump the cookies since thats how the posts were being tracked. I switched to a database tracking method instead. The two wont play well together.

You may need to wait for your cookies to expire.

It is now working everytime for me after re-re-re-clearing my cookies. :)

Just checked it again.

If the database tracking proves to be too load heavy, I have another trick up my sleeve I can try. Lets just see how it goes.

My home computer seems to be doing ok on this feature. The work computer here isn't at all. So no big deal now I guess.

Jay,

I cleared my cookies and started over. Seems to be working correctly now. Thanks.