JS Kit - Pics !!!

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Here are a few pics of my almost complete install of the JS Manufacturing IC / Intake kit. I am almost done now - just waiting for Turbohoses.com to deliver me some hose and HD clamps.

In these pics you will also see the new Modine 951 (V8 Firebird) aluminium rad w Ramchargers fans and the Mark Huffman chrome MAF intake pipe as well.

Check 'um out - oh, uh, wrenches not included with the kit - I bought 'um separate ;)

Attachments

• JSkit1.jpg
    JSkit1.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,033
  • JSkit2.jpg
    JSkit2.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 962
  • JSkit3.jpg
    JSkit3.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 929
  • JSkit4.jpg
    JSkit4.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 916
Looks NICE!
Can you tell us if this will work with the AC compressor installed?

Thats looks really good!!! Are these kits avaliable now? and how much are they worth? I was thinking of converting to an 87 setup but that looks like it would suit my wants nicely

That install looks sweet! looks like it could have been like that from factory. I love my turbomotion kit, but man the layout of that is sweet! :cool:

Thx

Hey thanks guys. Those compliments come at a much needed time 0 the end of the job. Ran into a few frustrations but thats bound to happen...

These kits are not avl from JS now - I believe one of the 2 guys moved out of state for a job offer. Yes - there is enuf room for the A/C compressor - I just have mine removed 'cause it is seized....next years project.

I am considering producing a kit myself as I have the resources available to me. I have to evaluate the cost and I have not as yet done that. If enuf guys were interested - I would do it. I would ship it with all the major parts needed to do the job - as one gets tired of parts hunting.

Big question is - are there enuf interested parties ?
Bigger question is - do the interested parties have the dough ?

My guess is around $1,200 - $1,500 bones.

If you do decide to produce these, and the costs are where you predict, I would like to be first in line :D Let us know how it works once you get a chance to test drive it

HOTSIX said:
Hey thanks guys. Those compliments come at a much needed time 0 the end of the job. Ran into a few frustrations but thats bound to happen...

These kits are not avl from JS now - I believe one of the 2 guys moved out of state for a job offer. Yes - there is enuf room for the A/C compressor - I just have mine removed 'cause it is seized....next years project.

I am considering producing a kit myself as I have the resources available to me. I have to evaluate the cost and I have not as yet done that. If enuf guys were interested - I would do it. I would ship it with all the major parts needed to do the job - as one gets tired of parts hunting.

Big question is - are there enuf interested parties ?
Bigger question is - do the interested parties have the dough ?

My guess is around $1,200 - $1,500 bones.

If it's true that JS Mfg. isn't producing the kits anymore, I'm interested. (I've all ready accumulated some of the '87 parts) But I'm not after an intercooled setup. Does your price estimate assume the intercooler option? If there's enough interest and you decide to go ahead with this, would you consider offering a non-intercooled version like the JS guys did?

It is true I don't offer the kit anymore. It got to be too much time with all my other committments going. The other guy helping me on this project lives 100 miles away and our schedules just didn't work out to get parts in/out in a timely fashion to people.

If Hotsix wanted to take over, I would be glad to send the info I collected. As he has installed my kit, he can probably find a few places to improve on also as there is always room for improvement.

Jeff - hey I have her running now.

Great kit. Thanks again.

I will let you know on continuing the project....the info you have would be useful. For now I want to just tune the car a bit and see how it responds.

Im sure I wont be disappointed. :D

Did you put an intercooler scoop on the intercooler? Also...where did you get that coupling between the turbo and intake system. I have that same cold air kit and am going to be installing the JS kit.

The coupling betwen the turbo and MAF pipe is a 'Stage II TA style inlet bell' made by Kirbans. Fit perfect - $50.

I also put a IC shroud with scoop on the IC as well. Ordered it from Kirbans. If you are any good with sheet metal and duct work you could easily do your own scoop and shroud. Its made from fiberglass and you have to drill your own holes for the mounting to the IC but they are well marked and the fit is good. Its a lil pricey though - $140.

If you havent started the kit yet - take my advice - grab an 87 lower plenum and use that instead. You can keep the IAC on the TB and the water neck will be no problem. You just have to drill a hole in the back for the oil return line and buy a grommet. It will save you MUCH hassle.

The coupling....I mean the rubber one...between the inlet bell and the MAF pipe.

Ahhh that. Well mine came with the kit.

If you dont have one - hit Home Depot plumbing section. Its found there...it even comes with the clamps on it. Its a 3" rubber joint for some kinda plumbing application - and GN's ;)

If you look further down my MAF pipe - I had to use another there as well - that didnt come with the kit. Since the 85 TB is removed the MAF pipe has that much further to travel - so I needed an extension. Grabbed it up and used it there just after the MAF sensor.

Modified intake

Hotsix, who made the exhaust up and down pipes? Your set up looks good I should have mine done next week.

Mr.Buick - My up-pipe and DP are the 2 1/2" ATR pieces.

Real nice. Theres a trick to putting the up-pipe on though. If you get one
lemme know and ill give ya some tips. Now that ive done it a few times im the master. :D

Addl pics

Here's some more pics - this time with the Turbohoses.com clamps and blue silicone hose. Cut it with the sawzall - but it is tough stuff to cut straight. They sell it in a 3" length - only needed 3' of it plus a transducer for turbo to pipe connection. 2" to 2 1/2" for a TA33.

Attachments

• Bluehose1.jpg
    Bluehose1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 793
  • bluehose2.jpg
    bluehose2.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 770
  • bluehose3.jpg
    bluehose3.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 762
  • bluehose4.jpg
    bluehose4.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 757
Using the 87 TPS.

I suppose you could prob use the stocker...but I dont know if it is calibrated any differently for the 87 TB or not. Porb it would be fine.

When you use the 87 TPS you have to swap the 2 outside wires and the middle stays the same. Connections on the 87 TPS are the opposite on the outer terminals.