Jegs tranny cooler

slowGN

Hello,
I was wondering if the trans cooler made by jegs is anygood.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...irect&categoryId=62304&parentCategoryId=10535

Precision machined from extruded aluminum with CNC machined billet aluminum end caps. The inlet and outlet fittings are located on the same end thus allowing installation along the frame rail, core support or anywhere that space is limited. Overall dimensions are 2-1/2" H x 3-1/2" W x 15" L. which translates into 475 sq.in. of heat dissipating surface area with 16oz. capacity. Includes stainless hardware, gaskets and 3/8" hose x ¼" NPT straight fittings.

looks like it would fit perfect where the stock intercooler scoop would be
Thanks alot
CJ

link not working
here is a picture
Thanks

Attachments

• jegs cooler.jpg
    jegs cooler.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 376
slowGN, a race car/ resto shop I frequented back home had one similar made by MOROSO and it was defective (leaked). The second one sent to replace it was also defective. Most like the design of the one 77 cruiser posted. The tranny shop that does all my tranny work for the past 15 years only uses one similar. The air passes through it, not just hit it and go around it. Better cooling. They use it on 1 ton diesel trucks, his own 8 second small block mustang, and the shop owners 10 second T Type. Works for me too. ;)

:biggrin: Bringing this back from the dead, I wonder how this would work as well. The moroso ones FYI have a filter built in as well and are not recommended for street. This design is like a "heat-sync" type, which is different from those bar and plate. If you ever seen a computer chip with one of these on it, it doesn't always have a fan on it. Air would pass by it, and not through it. However, this would be perfect for mounting near the frame rail and running two lines right to the tranny. I may give that large one a try. Guess I can be the test rat.:biggrin:

Stay away from these style coolers...

Hello,
I was wondering if the trans cooler made by jegs is anygood.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...irect&categoryId=62304&parentCategoryId=10535

Precision machined from extruded aluminum with CNC machined billet aluminum end caps. The inlet and outlet fittings are located on the same end thus allowing installation along the frame rail, core support or anywhere that space is limited. Overall dimensions are 2-1/2" H x 3-1/2" W x 15" L. which translates into 475 sq.in. of heat dissipating surface area with 16oz. capacity. Includes stainless hardware, gaskets and 3/8" hose x ¼" NPT straight fittings.

looks like it would fit perfect where the stock intercooler scoop would be
Thanks alot
CJ

I am not trying in any way to pitch you, but this is what you want. Stick with this cooler. I also put up a link to the perfect cooler setup. Ck it out when you get the chance.

Pic
http://www.ptsnctb.com/mcartfree/products/images/Cooler_lg_barb.jpg

More info and Pic on this cooler:
Product Information

The PERFECT cooler setup:
Product Information

Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services

I hope this helps.

I am not trying in any way to pitch you, but this is what you want. Stick with this cooler. I also put up a link to the perfect cooler setup. Ck it out when you get the chance.

Pic
http://www.ptsnctb.com/mcartfree/products/images/Cooler_lg_barb.jpg

More info and Pic on this cooler:
Product Information

The PERFECT cooler setup:
Product Information

Bruce
We4

I hope this helps.

Hey Bruce, that is a nice piece. What would be a good place to mount that? I am no longer using the stock tranny lines so I need to run something straight from the tranny. That is why I too was considering the original poster's idea as it would require short lines. Not to mention I am running the 1 piece air dam. Whats your suggestion?

You have a couple options:

Hey Bruce, that is a nice piece. What would be a good place to mount that? I am no longer using the stock tranny lines so I need to run something straight from the tranny. That is why I too was considering the original poster's idea as it would require short lines. Not to mention I am running the 1 piece air dam. Whats your suggestion?

I do not mean to make you do more work, but Call me so we can discuss your options and I can quick pic things to you to look at. We have a couple of different mounting positons even with a HUGE front mount. I am sorry I do not have the time right this second to post pics and options, but if you call I can talk and work at the same time. Multi tasking one might say!LOL
Let meknow and you may call me at 916-739-0510 shop 916-952-9567 cell
Call the cell as I am in the shop with stuff running and might not hear the shop phone.

Scott, have I ever pointed you wrong before? LOLOLOLROFLMAO!
Probobly huh? Laughing........

Look forward to chatting. It has been awhile.
Bruce
We4

link not working
here is a picture
Thanks

I have used this style for about 7 years with out issue, do not have a trans temp gauge to confirm performance. If you look closely under the lisc plate area you can see where I have it mounted.

Attachments

• Milan Dragway.jpg
    Milan Dragway.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 144