Jegs or Summit

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Assuming the prices are comparable, is one any better than the other?
And before you say it "use our vendors", I do, but in this case our vendors don't sell these items individually (mufflers)(polished stainless Magnaflows).

I have spent untold thousands at both and have never, ever had a bad transaction. My vote is for both. I use summit more simply because their reno warehouse is closer.

I live about 25 minutes from jegs, and 3 hours from summit. I have used both too many times to count. sometimes summit has cheaper prices though. just check both places before you buy. as far as service, both are top notch.

I've used both but I buy from Summit mostly all the time. I like Summit's website way better than Jeg's. Summit's website also tells you if the part is in stock or not.

+1 Summit.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I've used both, but mainly use Jegs now, just because Summitt has a place in GA now and they charge me Sales Tax when Jegs doesn't.

I actually can't stand Summits website. Such a PITA to navigate thru compared to Jegs imo. I use Jegs exclusively when I can get on:rolleyes:

I live about 25 minutes from jegs, and 3 hours from summit. I have used both too many times to count. sometimes summit has cheaper prices though. just check both places before you buy. as far as service, both are top notch.

+1:) Summit does have some more of the off the wall stuff (not vehicle related, t-shirts, memoribilia) and does sell stock replacement parts where as Jegs don't. For me it's a 50/50 unless I need it today, then I usually drive to Jegs. Perks of living close to a national performance parts chain:D

Jegs for me if possible. I like the "2 day delivery" for no additional $. I can get parts in Vegas faster from Jegs (ohio) than I can from Summit (reno).

In my experience it seems they are both about the same. Summit you seem to stay on the phone a bit longer waiting for a person to speak to, where jegs is faster.
Summit has a bit more parts tho.
I like Jegs cause i dont like waiting on the dang phone forever.. lol

Oh yeah and one will match the others price as long as it is "in stock"

Summit, I have a store about an hour away, and if something is out of stock when you go, and you order it...free home delivery. So if you ever live close, want something that SUCKS to transport (like a hood, or wheels and tires) call , make sure its outta stock, go buy it, and let them deliver it for you. Hey its their idea to do it, I am just allowing them the privelage!

Ive ordered from both and found they were 50/50 on the pricing so i ordered from whoever had the part cheapest and both orders came the same day ive been to all of summits stores and the only thing i didnt like is at at both the ohio and reno store the counter guys you order the parts from had no idea about the stuff they were sellin and just refered to the catalog and computer the guy in reno just acted like it was annoying him that i was asking him for parts and he couldnt seem to find them then once he did realize they did have them it was like a suprise to him that i knew what i was talkin about..I was ordering energy suspension control arm bushings for my dads 69 gs for his b-day not an uncommon part ...The atlanta summit on the other hand the counter guys were helpful and knowledgeable about the things they were selling The ohio summit same lack of knowlege but not as bad of an experience as in reno...Ive never been to a jegs store so i cant tell ya summit is huge tho imagine walkin into walmart but its all car parts the showroom isnt the size of the whole bldg but its still awesomely massive...

I have always used summit for 2 reasons.
1 - They will price match!!!!
2 - I'm in the Bay Area in Cali, and if I order monday after I get off work, its on my doorstep wed morning. I have even ordered early morning and had it arrive the VERY NEXT MORNING. ALMOST instant gratification!!!:D :D :D and we all love instant gratification!!!

I use both but prefer Jegs. The racer discount program (to IHRA/IHRA licenseholders) is really nice, giving a 10+ percent off catalog prices. Summit's racer program is more cumbersome to get enrolled in and stay enrolled in. Jegs orders (they use FedEx) also get to me quicker than Summit due to my location.

Art

Assuming the prices are comparable, is one any better than the other?
And before you say it "use our vendors", I do, but in this case our vendors don't sell these items individually (mufflers)(polished stainless Magnaflows).

Sure we do :D

Sure we do :D

Now you mention it! After I placed my order.

I checked all the vendors web sites. I guess I didn't find yours.

Summit price $92 ea. Magnaflow-2.5" center in/out, 4x9x14 polished stainless. I didn't think that was such a bad price.

BTW, what's up with T6P? I've been getting this for the last two days:
"Rebuilding thread information.. brb"

Now you mention it! After I placed my order.

I checked all the vendors web sites. I guess I didn't find yours.

Summit price $92 ea. Magnaflow-2.5" center in/out, 4x9x14 polished stainless. I didn't think that was such a bad price.

BTW, what's up with T6P? I've been getting this for the last two days:
"Rebuilding thread information.. brb"

We can get anything they can get that isn't "summitt" labled... Dropped shipped right to your door:biggrin:

We are working on T6P. It is a long story...