Jeffs TSO car updated pics!

I hear ya on that,But would be nice to remove 80#s fron the front of the car if you could:)

Are those rear disc brakes? Just curious how much boost you can hold on the line with those wilwoods?

Looks great btw!

Are those rear disc brakes? Just curious how much boost you can hold on the line with those wilwoods?

Looks great btw!

>>> Hopefully more than mine do, at about 3psi car starts walking can't figure it out.

Hey Rich!

I can only hold about 5#'s with mine, much smaller motor and turbo than yours but;)
That is why I was asking.... I have heard some using the wilwood prop. valve and putting more to the year but that is for parachute outfitted cars such as yours and Jeff's. I am still using a stock prop. valve with wilwoods in the back and Bears up front.

Hey Rich!

I can only hold about 5#'s with mine, much smaller motor and turbo than yours but;)
That is why I was asking.... I have heard some using the wilwood prop. valve and putting more to the year but that is for parachute outfitted cars such as yours and Jeff's. I am still using a stock prop. valve with wilwoods in the back and Bears up front.

Shane,

Job told us to run dual calipers on Chris's car.
However we have not needed to since he got the line pressure up.

Anybody know if you can just add another caliper to what I have already and if they have done it and any part #'s?

Sorry Jeff for hijack..........car looks great.

Anybody know if you can just add another caliper to what I have already and if they have done it and any part #'s?

Call Job Im sure he tell ya what ya need :biggrin: Car looks good jeff glad to see that there are couple cars that have gone 25.5, 7's are around the corner:biggrin:

Shane,

Job told us to run dual calipers on Chris's car.
However we have not needed to since he got the line pressure up.

>>> John,

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Anything special you did to get line pressure up? I'd be interested in hearing how you did it. I prefer not to deal with Job as I had a bad experience with him years ago and won't give him anymore of my time and money.

Thanks in advance.

What do you aleady have?
Most manufacturers will sell you another caliper with a dual caliper mounting plate so you can update

What do you aleady have?
Most manufacturers will sell you another caliper with a dual caliper mounting plate so you can update

>>> Hi Otto,

I have the Moser 9" and Wilwood brakes and calipers came with the entire kit. Have you ever done the conversion and any idea of cost?

Thanks in advance.

>>> Hi Otto,

I have the Moser 9" and Wilwood brakes and calipers came with the entire kit. Have you ever done the conversion and any idea of cost?

Thanks in advance.

I never had a chance,Mine worked ok.I was using aerospace
Best bet is to call Wilwood,They will have what you need.

The problem with dual calipers is that MOST master cyls cant move the volume they need without pumping the pedal a time or two.They are too dangerous imho. Dual calipers were originally designed for dragsters with no front brakes and the front and rear lines were tied together for additional fluid.
Jeff has an FB powerglide with variable stall, set the transbrake, floor it and you have boost RIGHT NOW!

I would think the same thing Bill.
After looking at most cars of the 10.5 tire cars,Almost
all have the dual setup,Maybe using a adj prop valve would help
apply more rearward pressure.
I would still think though in a panic situation yo would have a
rear lockup problem.

>>> John,

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Anything special you did to get line pressure up? I'd be interested in hearing how you did it. I prefer not to deal with Job as I had a bad experience with him years ago and won't give him anymore of my time and money.

Thanks in advance.

Job,

Has played a big part in all my cars performance's must be because I pay him for his services :biggrin:

>>> John,

Thanks in advance.

Rich,

It has been a while but, I can tell you he went with braided lines and adjusted more line pressure back. Please note that Chris does not have a stock master cylinder! Job Jr. told us to look at the Strange set up.

Strange Engineering Catalog

Go to page 97...

Job,

Has played a big part in all my cars performance's must be because I pay him for his services :biggrin:

I know some people have issues with Job.
Sr. and Jr. have always been helpful to Chris and I.

I know some people have issues with Job.
Sr. and Jr. have always been helpful to Chris and I.

John,

My post about this issue sumes $$ it all up.

P.S. Glad to see all went well with your son I could not imagine going thru what you and your wife went thru.

I think the 1.3 bore master cylinder and the properly sized rear brake lines from the master cylinder are a necessity with the dual rear calipers. The standard 1.0 bore cylinders will not move enough volume.