Japanese cars are BETTER!

Rice is not jap cars or any specific model brand cars. Its the mods people do to their cars that make them rice. RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. The 240 the op has is clean. Not rice. Done with taste. No stupid camber to speak of.
The term rice was for Japanese cars before this race inspired thing was around. It was around in the early 80's before Japanese cars were getting dressed up to look fast.

You remind me of me as a lifelong hardcore steelers fan from/living in Mass. pissing off all the Patriots fans and enjoying it.
We interrupt this thread for a grammer correction...

Please put STEELERS in all capitol letters as it should be!!!Hahaha
and its "Cheatriots" not "Patriots"...
STEELER NATION RULES!!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled arguing...

Thanks man! A 2JZ or a RB26 is ultimately what I'd love to swap into the Regal, but I'm getting way ahead of myself with motor swap ideas at this point. Its funny, a lot of Nissan enthusiasts frown upon the LS swap just like i am sure a lot of the domestic guys on here won't dig seeing a jap motor between the frame rails of a g body, i just like anything unique. I'm in no rush with this car but did just get an email notification that the first of my parts are on their way!
I would do the 2jz. You could swap a gn power plant but the 2jz will make more power and be more reliable. A 109 block I think is good to 750 hp before breakage .The 2js I believe is almost double that. I have seen the 2jz drive train in a mustang and it looked and moved out real good. Dare to be different is the name of the game.

I would do the 2jz. You could swap a gn power plant but the 2jz will make more power and be more reliable. A 109 block I think is good to 750 hp before breakage .The 2js I believe is almost double that. I have seen the 2jz drive train in a mustang and it looked and moved out real good. Dare to be different is the name of the game.
2jz would probably be the only other motor aside from a stage 2 that would be worthy if being put in a turbo buick.

I agree that the op's 240 is very nice and well built. I have always liked those cars. The 2jz is a very impressive motor. Stock, those blocks can hold very serious power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. You knew how to get their attention that's for sure..... when I first joined I didn't say s*** about my dsm mainly for this specific reason....even though it's a low 11 - 10 second Car now I never talk about it lol....at that time my Buick was only a 14 second car and now it matches or beats what my dsm is capable of

I'm a long time DSM fan, i think the 4G63 is probably the best 4 cyl motor of all time. I've been to the Shootout the last 4 years in a now, lots of fast cars out there!

Welcome. Don't assume we hate imports. I watched a couple AMS GTR's crush a few big tire race cars at the track a few weekends ago and loved it. There is a difference in people "hating" because you like imports or people reacting to you insulting them.

Do your research on suspension for these cars. Just a set of coil overs alone may get it low, but it won't necessarily handle. I've had lots of coilovers on cars and I'm no longer a fan. I have a standard shock and spring setup on mine. The suspension section is full of different "pro-touring" setups.

View attachment 238671

I know not everyone here hates imports, but i'm sure for every import lover on here there is a hater. I've seen many AMS built GTR's, mind blowing to see a car trap 160mph and then flip on the a/c and drive home, no trailer needed lol!

I've read all about the Ridetech and Hotchkis kits but this car is going to budget build so i'm just going with a basic coilover set-up to get me started. Getting the stance right is my number one priority for the first phase of modifications.

By the way, your car looks amazing! Very tough looking stance.

Welcome to the site. I myself am also a car guy. I love them all, but my heart has always been with gbody's, specifically the GN. After 40 years old, i was finally able to afford one. Everyone has different personalities, some more unique than others. You sir, have one of those unique ones that some don't get or understand. Doesn't mean you are a bad person. This site is one of the best that i have been a part of. I have learned so much on this site and owe it to the great talent and experience here. I love all cars but i am one of those that do not understand putting anything bigger than 19 inch wheels on a GN. Call me boring or old fashioned but its my opiñion. These cars have alot of history and the owners are very attached to their cars and i am proud to say that i am one of them. I think you'll be alright here but understand the passion that we have for our beloved turbo regals will strike a nerve when poked. I don't think you meant any harm but just remember what i just wrote. Again, welcome and i think you are starting your project with a solid foundation. Can't wait to see what you do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Buick guys frown upon an ls engine in a gn but a 2jz they will hunt you down.LOL I love all cars and that there Nissan you have looks kick ass.These guys will get over it. If they dont like what you have thats just to bad. Probably jealous but they will never admit it. There is a lot of jap cars on here.I believe the term on here is Rice. We are all on here for the love of cars so lets all get along and have a good time. start rocking on the regal

If my car were an actual GN or T Type, i wouldn't even consider a motor swap. In my opinion GN/TT's are special, they can be built or modified all you want but they need to retain the turbo six that made them famous. Being that my car is just a regular Regal, i figure any motor swap is fair game. Thanks for the kind words!

Rice is not jap cars or any specific model brand cars. Its the mods people do to their cars that make them rice. RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. The 240 the op has is clean. Not rice. Done with taste. No stupid camber to speak of.

Growing up we always called Japanese cars "rice burners". Among the import crowd the term rice refers no any car modified in pour taste like big wings, huge fart can mufflers, stick on hood scoops, body kits, neon lights, ect., pretty much all the junk that tries to mimic the "race look" without adding any real performance. There is a guy down the street from me with a Mustang i consider rice, fart can mufflers, ebay body kit, cheap made in china 20" wheels, and its a slow V6 automatic (no offense guys) lol!

2jz would probably be the only other motor aside from a stage 2 that would be worthy if being put in a turbo buick.

I agree that the op's 240 is very nice and well built. I have always liked those cars. The 2jz is a very impressive motor. Stock, those blocks can hold very serious power.

A 2JZ is a monster for its size, i've seen a 100% stock short block with a ported head, cams and valvetrain hold over 1000whp and fully built strokers flat out over power a dyno lol. The problem is the price tag, my LS swap cost me close to $15k, and i know a 2JZ swap would be even more...

Thanks for the kind words guys!

New guy you are alright. Welcome.

Thanks bro!

A big ass box showed up today, this stuff was inside...

lip.jpg

Nice start!! Please provide pics as you go along. Thanks for sharing by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should start a new thread with how you are modding your Regal so it will be easier to follow along.

Yup, there are a bunch of people who have done this swap. Its got a big cam, 1 7/8" long tube headers, 3.5" exhaust, aluminum flywheel, LS7 clutch, custom tune, a T56 six speed from a GTO (most aggressive gearing) and a 4.08 gear out back, she can be a handful...

well how does it go ??? :nailbiting:

Again i am sorry, i didn't realize the guys here were so serious and sensitive. Banned, really? Never been on a forum where people get banned for their taste in cars.

On here you have to watch out what you say and how you say it. A certain few have an attitude that if you don't think like them or agree with everything they say you must be a troll or trouble.

Ignore the close minded people and be yourself. You may not come off the way the GESTAPO wants you to but to hell with those people and don't be brainwashed/ or run off because you think outside the box.

As long as you don't insult people [and you haven't] be real and don't let the strong arms bother you.

Heck people are starting to warm up to you now that they have seen you post a few more times.

I hate the haters but it can also be fun to just sit back and laugh at them when you read what they post.

Welcome and good luck with your regal project.

Last edited:
On here you have to watch out what you say and how you say it. A certain few have an attitude that if you don't think like them or agree with everything they say you most be a troll or trouble.

Ignore the close minded people and be yourself. You may not come off the way the GESTAPO wants you to but to hell with those people and don't be brainwashed/ or run off because you think outside the box.

As long as you don't insult people [and you haven't] be real and don't let the strong arms bother you.

Heck people are starting to warm up to you now that they have seen you post a few more times.

I hate the haters but it can also be fun to just sit back and laugh at them when you read what they post.

Welcome and good luck with your regal project.
Hahaha...judging by your rating of my post...you sir...are NOT a citizen of STEELER NATION:eek:. Therefore...your opinion does not count. Lol:p:p:p

You must be hurting after the JETS(!) beat the Steelers yesterday. :playful: