Japanese beetle's

slow87

Anyone have some experience with beetle traps? I got a large infestation, and the main trees effected I can't use pesticide on.

I've been using acephate on things I can reach, and its results have been marginal. Is there a more effective insecticide for dealing with these mo fo's?

I've had success with this:
index.jsp

I've had success with this:
index.jsp

I got that stuff in the large Family Size and hit all the affected trees with it. It worked very well.

If you can't use pesticide on the trees use the Bag a Bug near the trees. It doesn't work as well as a direct application but it does help. It's amazing how many of those suckers there are once you start collecting them.

Jim

Try to hang them in your neighbors yard........:smile:

Those things will actually attract more beetles than you have.
7 dust or spray will work.

My black lab eats them like popcorn. I know they are attracted to my fluorescent lights at night. Maybe a few beetle traps set around a light.

The beetles start out as grubs. If you have a beetle problem, you may also have a grub problem. We use to have the same problem here, so we used Grub X on the lawn and flower beds and then used Seven powder on the low plants, and Ortho pesticide spray on the trees. It was a pain it the behind but worked very well. Now we don't really have a problem, just a few pop up beetles now and then.

The beetles start out as grubs. If you have a beetle problem, you may also have a grub problem. We use to have the same problem here, so we used Grub X on the lawn and flower beds and then used Seven powder on the low plants, and Ortho pesticide spray on the trees. It was a pain it the behind but worked very well. Now we don't really have a problem, just a few pop up beetles now and then.

Hey...how you been doing? I haven't seen you on Myspace for a while.

Anyway, the jap traps I use are from Spectracide. They are the Bag-A-Bug things. I don't trap very many, but I don't have that many to begin with. The skunks and turkeys keep the grub population under control. A few times I've found my grass (down to the roots) rolled back from the skunks. Turkeys just make a mess out of everything, so I'd rather have the skunks . My neighbor also raises pheasants and a few get loose every once in a while. Two years ago I had one live in my garden all summer. He lived off of beetles and crickets.