Its been a journey: 18" gnx wheels. Almost ready! I feel like a mad scientist

Awesome wheels

I think price is fair for one of two sets ever made!!! Wheels turned out awesome and congrats for getting it done. I think a few of these guys expect to see these for a 150 a wheel at summit.....It is not gonna happen!!! How come most on here think a car with 20,000 in parts is only worth 10,000 but if they are selling their original that they paid 5000 for and waxed its worth 20,000. Sorry to rant but I love these cars and I hate seeing them cut up!!! I would buy your wheels in a heartbeat but providing for my kids is a priority right now. Put them to the side and Ill pick them up in a few yrs!!

I think price is fair for one of two sets ever made!!! Wheels turned out awesome and congrats for getting it done. I think a few of these guys expect to see these for a 150 a wheel at summit.....It is not gonna happen!!! How come most on here think a car with 20,000 in parts is only worth 10,000 but if they are selling their original that they paid 5000 for and waxed its worth 20,000. Sorry to rant but I love these cars and I hate seeing them cut up!!! I would buy your wheels in a heartbeat but providing for my kids is a priority right now. Put them to the side and Ill pick them up in a few yrs!!

911.11 per wheel is fair? Damn......... pass that $hit over here!!!

VERY nice!

I'm looking for something other than GNX-style...its too played out IMHO.

My car has had an old school set of boyds... I wonder if someone cam put 18" hoops around the 16" centers?

VERY nice!

I'm looking for something other than GNX-style...its too played out IMHO.

My car has had an old school set of boyds... I wonder if someone cam put 18" hoops around the 16" centers?

a lot of us think that the GNX/GTA style wheel is kind of like the new Cragar SS or Torque Thrust wheel- they look good on pretty much anything.
i've personally had my GTA's on my 71 Nova, 86 Caprice, 74 Monte Carlo, and my 84 T Type and they looked absolutely killer on every car. i've also seen them on Camaros, Monte SS, and a couple of old Chevelles. for a wheel that can be picked up in a junkyard, they are very versatile. they are a simple design that just works. they are also light for an oem wheel, too.

911.11 per wheel is fair? Damn......... pass that $hit over here!!!

C/mon. Be fair. You can't include shipping. It's only $861/wheel:tongue:

They are in line price wise with BBS, Forgeline and other well-known custom wheel builders. The only people I would think would really pay that price is someone with a GNX ($100,000) or a expensive project car (sledgeHammer). Otherwise I can't justify putting $3000+ rims on my car. I am not saying that it is wrong, it is just that I wouldn't do it unless I fell into those categories.

And all things being said; they are an AWESOME looking stock appearing wheel that NO ONE has or SELLS.:biggrin:

Besides I am waiting for the aluminum GN's to come out. I have faith:smile::cool:

Looks great but for the cost of the wheel and the effort of the photographer a two dollar bottle of tire shine would have been great! ;)

a lot of us think that the GNX/GTA style wheel is kind of like the new Cragar SS or Torque Thrust wheel- they look good on pretty much anything.
i've personally had my GTA's on my 71 Nova, 86 Caprice, 74 Monte Carlo, and my 84 T Type and they looked absolutely killer on every car. i've also seen them on Camaros, Monte SS, and a couple of old Chevelles. for a wheel that can be picked up in a junkyard, they are very versatile. they are a simple design that just works. they are also light for an oem wheel, too.

While I will admit they are indeed a good looking wheel... BBS, Simmons, Epsilon and many others have made styles like it or very similar.

I hate taking my car out to a meet locally (what other kind do we have in Hawaii) and seeing most of the cars with the same wheels.... Even though we are a close-knit group.

Hey guys pay wayy more that that to put wheels on donks and such i heard an ad for hot wheel city 24"wheels $4999 a set with tires $911 per wheel for 18s a lil high but $911 for such a limited production wheel that specifically represents our cars....its almost worth it...Im goin with 17s so i can get a lil better hook on drs...

Guys, let me make something very clear here: We have all been waiting for these wheels to be made and he has finally done it. The asking price is nothing compared to some of the wheels out there. These are directly CUSTOM MADE and quite frankly, I'd be asking much more if I made them. I'm thrilled he made them. Yes we would all love to have these wheels for $200 a piece but these arent sold at Summit and Jegs.

To the original poster, if you could make these wheels with a bit of a different backspace, I'm seriously interested in a set for my car.

Guys, let me make something very clear here: We have all been waiting for these wheels to be made and he has finally done it. The asking price is nothing compared to some of the wheels out there. These are directly CUSTOM MADE and quite frankly, I'd be asking much more if I made them. I'm thrilled he made them. Yes we would all love to have these wheels for $200 a piece but these arent sold at Summit and Jegs.

To the original poster, if you could make these wheels with a bit of a different backspace, I'm seriously interested in a set for my car.

I agree, they are not over priced at all. Its just money is tight these days.

to put it into perspective........... these wheels, plus a set of tires, probably would cost more than what I paid for my daily driver WE4.......... and its clean :eek: To make it clear, Im not arguing that the wheels are not cool/nicely done/unique.......... but wow......... thats a LOT OF JACK!;)

I love these wheels without a doubt. But what I would really love to see is a 17x8 17x10 combo for around 400 a rim and they would go like crazy. More tire options and such

I'm thinking more of the same wheel but with polished centers instead of black PC. Then they could appeal to me.... and I wouldnt say they are overpriced either. sure... you can buy other cookie cutter wheels for around $350-500 each in 18", but these are unique.

Pricewise, as others have said, a little steep in this economy for most, but definetely a way to set your vehicle apart from the rest.

Can't find it posted but,

What back spacing do you have on these rims?
Did you have to notch your frame?
What size tires were you able to fit on these?

I never considered 18s for my car untill I saw this thread. Nice job.

Mike B.