Its been a journey: 18" gnx wheels. Almost ready! I feel like a mad scientist

from what i've found is most of them are custom or mesh like, from places like Fikse, Forgeline, CCW.
have a look at the new pontiac snowflake replica from forgeline as an alternative. get it in black and will look just as good as these 18" gnx.
Forgeline: TA3

those are also ~$4400 a set:eek: and i actually like the GNXs better....

Daaaaaaaaaamn!!.... Those wheels are BAD ASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to know how much a set will cost. I may be doing a wheels swap soon! :D

from what i've found is most of them are custom or mesh like, from places like Fikse, Forgeline, CCW.
have a look at the new pontiac snowflake replica from forgeline as an alternative. get it in black and will look just as good as these 18" gnx.
Forgeline: TA3
Although price is subjective, appearance is not. I find the Forgelines noted not as attractive as the replica GNX rim. Not everybody likes the new modern look of the excessively large lip without a step or any contour to it.

these are the only wheels i've seen that come close to looking like a real GTA wheel. the only real difference that stands out to me are the bolts around the outside. hell, they even have dimples machined into them, justl ike both sets of real GTA wheels i've got.
some people see any old Pontiac snowflake wheel knockoff and think it looks like a GTA wheel. they don't. they look like Pontiac snowflake wheels.

i might have missed it, but was the weight of a wheel/tire combo ever listed? my GTA's weigh 34 pounds each with 245/50/16 tires mounted on them without center caps or lug nuts. that's the same weight as the stock 15X6 steel wheel with a tiny 195/60/15 tire on my 97 Cavalier.

I am pretty much "old school" and generally don't go for the bigger rims. I have the GTA wheels on my car, but I have to admit those do look nice. Great work!

Well, I bought 6 wheels with a total cost of $4800 then had to buy tires for my car so I would say $3000 for a set of 4 wheels isnt too bad for something custom.

Just giving my opinion. I still would have liked to see more the mesh area opened up like the original wheels. But, I dont know how that factored into the machining process, and structure of the wheel. Nonetheless, neat stuff. Just very expensive, kind of like when everyone started putting the Simmons wheels on their cars. I guess you have to pay the cost to be the boss :biggrin:

Those look badass!!! If some vendor could do a 17 so theres plenty of drag radial choices and then an 18 like these with a few different widths and keep them 3k or less they would have a hit!!! I personally think 9.5" look better than a 10" on a non frame notched car....

thats ALOT of money for a set of rims.. too bad. if they were more realisticly priced id defenatly consider them.

I agree there unique

and very good looking!
but I'd have to say a bit high priced,

thats ALOT of money for a set of rims.. too bad. if they were more realisticly priced id defenatly consider them.

they're probably realisticly priced for what they are, custom forged 3 peice wheels. but i agree, that's a lot of money for wheels. not many people have that kind of money, or the desire to drop $5K on wheels and tires. for a vette or viper maybe, but this buick crowd seems more interested in function over form.

i think the wheels are really nice and well done. but most of the people that say they'd buy a set will change their tune when they see $3k+ for just the wheels.

they're probably realisticly priced for what they are, custom forged 3 peice wheels. but i agree, that's a lot of money for wheels. not many people have that kind of money, or the desire to drop $5K on wheels and tires. for a vette or viper maybe, but this buick crowd seems more interested in function over form.

i think the wheels are really nice and well done. but most of the people that say they'd buy a set will change their tune when they see $3k+ for just the wheels.

Hit the nail on the head with this post. Totally realistically priced for what they are. Gorgeous wheels. If I had the coin, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Great job on these, the time and $$ invested really paid off. Regardless of what they cost, you're not going to find anything this close. Keep in mind they're not buying material in any form of bulk so until they see 20+ orders, I'd guess $3400 a set.

I'll also guess about 19lbs for the front rim, 23lbs for the rear.