It's alive! Running better then ever too! Long list of goodies done!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Well the GN is back on the road! Runs awesome! 0 knock 23 psi of boost on Alky! Only 2 WOT's so far. Thing is an animal. Blowing up the Nitto's like crazy. Feels really strong and smoooth! Big thanks to Eric from turbotweak. His chips are amazing. His customer service was great too! Big thanks to Julio Don. Great Alky kit! It's very easy to install. Took my time followed his simple instructions and it took me no time! Thanks for all the upgrades on the kit as well Julio! Here are some pictures I took today!

3-20-06-01.jpg

3-20-06-02.jpg

3-20-06-03.jpg

3-20-06-04.jpg

3-20-06-05.jpg

3-20-06-06.jpg

3-20-06-07.jpg

If you want to check these pictures out in super huge desk top size... CLICK THIS LINK....
The list:
*Sterling Silver powder coated the Intake, Doghouse, TB, Valve covers, and some other ods and ends.
*Steve Monroe did his magic on my TB!
*Ceramic coated everything from the mufflers up!
*Powder coated glossy black all the hard vacuum lines, all the brackets on the top of the engine, Fuel rail, coil pack brackets all done in glossy black.
*Razor's kick a$$ Alky kit installed. Thanks Ray for selling me the kit and Scojack for getting me a boat load of Alky!
*Eric Marshall's famous turbotweak alky chip!
*All polished stainless 12 point ARP nuts, bolts, and studs on everything on the top of the engine to the headers.
*Removed ALL the EGR crap and mounted one of Mark Hueffman's slick block off plates.
*Gray Kirban trunk kit, Kirban polished vacuum block.
*Upper door panels are still out being redone in factory OEM material.
*All new hoses including the awesome Mease stainless upper hose kit!
*Caspers ground stretching kit. Caspers positive battery cable. Caspers Positive break out box.

Plus some other little goodies here and there and I'm sure I'm missing all kinda stuff! Thanks to everyone who helped me out this winter on this project! Working on these cars with your friends always makes it more fun! Thanks for all the phone support from the local Buick pro's! Unless it's Nick... All he does is smoke up the garage with his cancer sticks and drink all the beer! :D

Let me know what you guys think!

very, very nice!,cleaner than new..nice detail work on everything ;) now im off to the garage to clean my motor :)

i'm off too

tommynos said:
very, very nice!,cleaner than new..nice detail work on everything ;) now im off to the garage to clean my motor :)
to clean my motor. thanks for the embarassment. :D

lol thanks guys! Lots of toothbrushes and Simple Green! I started around December so it was'nt to bad.. Just worked on it when I was bored and here and there. Took time for all the coating to be done. I did spend a few days on it for 13+ hours.. but it's weird.. in the past I would work on my cars and hate it. The GN it's like fun or something working on it for some reason! I know.. I need my head checked! :biggrin:

It's Alive!!!

Looks better than great!!! Hope to see it at Kirbans opened house this spring!

It's all about the fine details! :)

Mike I hope Kirban has the open house again! I'll have to check in with him! :)

3-4-06-01.jpg

Hang in there! they will be back up soon! We pulled the server down for some upgrades.. my zillion gig picture gallery is taking forever to upload again! :biggrin: Hopefully within the hour! :cool:

Oooohhh, it's so shinny! :cool:

Great looking engine and it sounds like it runs as good as it looks. :D

Well, I will be the first to admit .... I am REAL picky when it comes to detailing, but DAMN, this is the SH***!!!!
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol thanks again guys! I had it down sine December so I figured I'd do it right. These engine bays are a b!tch to keep nice and clean. So powder coated allot of it to make it easy to clean. Even when we were installing everything back on the engine it was easy to clean up our finger prints! :) One thing I'm glad I did was took all that EGR crap off! Really opens up the driver side of the manifold really nice. The ARP 12point stainless bolts are the only way to go! Even polished the module for the coil pack! :p

3-4-06-10.jpg

Question-

Give me a ballpark on the total spent on coating. And how about some contact info for the vendors you used.

I live in Texas, so I will have to ship all of my parts. But I am very impressed with the work. I am in the middle of a build right now and would love to get some of those things done.

Thanks again for sharing!

It is truly beautiful.............(another tear.....lip quivering) :D

I'll have to dig out my paper work and see if I can break it down. The problem is he gave me a "bulk cash deal" on the coating and I had some other local guys toss a piece in here and there. This guy works on a oven load. He also mainly does work for the goverment so he don't get involved in small stuff or having things shipped in for the most part. Also all the glossy black stuff was done from another powder coater that is near me. but I'll see if I can shoot some numbers out!