Its 2007 TurboBuick calendar time!

tjthorson

Well, I have decided to do the calendars again this year. For you newbies, for the past 6 years (or is it 7 now?) I have put together the only (that I know of) "work safe" ;) Turbo Buick calendar. All turbo buick powered products are eligible, including TTAs, and hybrids. The way we usually do it, is everyone that wants to submits a picture to me with the proper info. I will then put up a website with thumbnails of the pics and everyone votes on their top picks. The top ones end up in the calendar. Please follow the rules when submitting pics, and everyone stays happy. You should get a reply from me saying I have accepted your picture and info this year. Good luck! I will open submissions up now, and close submissions at Midnight CST, on November 12th. That gives you a few weeks to get a good pic, or to get a picture scanned and emailed. Contact me off list if you have a photo and want me to scan it.

We will have 2 calendars this year - a t6p/tb.com combined one and ........

1) Pictures MUST be of a turbo buick powered vehicle. Traditional ones that win do NOT have people in the pictures, and are of the cars in a nice background scene, in a forest preserve or similiar area. Not with your house/dog/mother-in-law in the background, or in the parking lot at local McDonalds with a rusty AMC Pacer next to it. Also, the winners are usually a complete car, from bumper to bumper in the picture. Submit what you want, I am just trying to help on that.
2) Pictures must be AT LEAST 1600 x 1200 (~2.1 Megapixel) resolution this year... The larger the better, I prefer JPEG format for easy emailing, but I can convert.
3) --> Rule change... Each submitter must choose only ONE picture PER CAR to submit. If you own 3 Turbo Powered cars, you can submit 3 pics, one of each car. DO NOT SEND IN MULTIPLE PICTURES OF THE SAME CAR. Pick the ONE you like the best, or I will just have to reject the submission. Sorry - Just PICK ONE - please! It avoids the issue of the same car dominating the calendar if someone is good with the camera. ;)
4) Please send in the pic with the following info:

Name: (your name, or the name of the car)
City, State: (preferred, state at least should still protect privacy)
Year, Make Model:
Mod list:
Timeslip: (if you have one - or Dyno HP numbers)

You can use first name and state if you don't want any details published
5) The number 1 voted picture submitter will get a free calendar. I am also giving a free calendar to the forum owners, and I will give a few calendars to raffle off on the sites.
6) My decision is final on all disputes (we have never had a dispute, but I like saying that. ;) )

Please submit pics and info ONLY to

turbocal@toddware.com

DO NOT send pics anywhere else or it will not get entered into the contest....

You WILL get a reply from me stating that I accept your entry, or reasons why I can't.

Please do NOT send me a link to a website to download a pic - attach the picture to the email with the form in the text.

Further info, the calendars are printed on 28# paper, full color, GBC plastic comb bound, printed this year on my Xerox 2400DPI Color Laser Printer. The top of the page is an 7 x 10 (or so) picture of a winning entry, the bottom is a full page calendar with thumbnails of the entries that didn't win.

Everyones submission will be in the calendar somewhere. The 12 winners, 1 winner for the cover page, and the thumbnails for all the rest of the entries.

Calendars again this year will be $20 each, shipped to you first class mail. Makes a great Holiday present. We will vote 3rd week of November or so. Calendars should be available to start shipping by the first week of December. You will be able to pay by money order, or paypal. I never take anyones money until I am ready to ship and have the product in hand. (Bet you never thought anybody did that anymore!)

Thanks all

ummm dog is pissed he can't be in it :p

Attachments

• GNTTAa.JPG
    GNTTAa.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 485
Thanks Todd!

Guys Todd is going to do one calendar for both sites.

Get those pics in and lets have the best issue to date!

You better take the pooch for a ride, (s)he looks a little frustrated :D

I'd love to see my car in a calender, but it's not worthy, and my camera's only 1.3 megapixels. It's a Sony I bought about 6 years ago when 1.3 mp wasn't too shabby, lol. I refuse to buy a new one until this one dies. I might be waiting a long time :p

I don't do the car and women calendar. There was a somebody that did one last year, don't know if they are doing it again this year. ANybody that gets into this calendar thing better realize that you don't make any money doing it. If you try to make it a business, you will fail. I do it because I love the cars, love the people, and like to give you all something you can hang on the office at work that isnt the standard "bunnies and kittys" calendar from Wal-mart.

I never try to make money, I hope I can buy enough toner with the money to make the calendars of my kids that I give to relatives for Holidays. That's why its been at or around $20, even with postage increases and so on....

Not that I don't like a calendar with the ladies, I tell ya, just as my daughter gets older, I seem to be changing my attitude. It used to be heavy breathing, drooling, panting, and the persuit and capture. Now its more like "Hey, that's someone's daughter there half-naked...."

Its a curse I tell ya....

Thanks for doing this, I submitted one of 73 pictures to you. It was hard to pick just one but I did it. :)

For anyone thats interested, I submitted a very large version of this one.

08.jpg

:biggrin:

The more I think about it, I might try to get one sent in. My car's a 10 footer, but it cleans up really well :D. Plus the Limiteds aren't as common, so maybe my odds of getting in are a little better :p . I'll borrow my dad's new digital camera, it's got the goods. I'll have to do it on Saturday, since it's dark by the time I get home from work all week. The key will be to find a good location and it all depends on the weather, lol....

Hmmm. This is a first. I don't even have enough entries to do a calendar. :(

I guess I will give it another week for submissions and see what happens. If I STILL don't have enough, I guess I will dig into the archives and pull some of my old favs out from previous years....

Get em in!

This is what i'm putting in if he can take a 1280x960 :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00962.jpg
    DSC00962.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 362
Weak ass world Aircraft I hate them :mad: :wink: btw i've flown 16 hours on one of them to go to the desert. okay back on topic.