Issue with kirban? Anyone have this before?

The only thing we see on our end, as with all company's is the last 4 digits of your CC. Your CC company knows exactly when and where it was used unlawfully. I'm sure they are looking into it.

It's sure not fun. I had my Bank of American debt card stolen from twice in one week last summer.

Pete
Kirbans

87chrisss said:
i think its great to bring it out in the open. Maybe it's time that it should be looked into a little further that's all. Maybe we should dedicate just one thread for this and the vendor's should take notice and look into it. In respect to Kirban's name and what he has brought to this community i dont think it should be done on this thread though

**Another thing i want to mention is that i notice some ppl get very offended when posting about some experience or w,e about a person.
This is a community and an open forum for a Buick enthusiast we should speak freely on little situations like this to make us stronger community. It seems one guy post something and everybody jumps on the band wagon and destroys a post. This should make us stronger not separate us?!

I agree with you I didn't want to have a post that ended up with people fighting or anything like that I just wanted to get some options and pot what happened to me I wasn't trying to bash anyone or make anyone look bad just looking for options and experiences losing money isn't fun and I don't want it to happen to anyone but at the same time dealing with kirban in the past was great I just wanted to know if there were a few people that had this happen if I am an only one then I would try buying more from them I'm just sharing what happend to me and looking for good feedback and I totally agree with the previous post if anything post like this should help us buick guys out and maybe give caution to people so this dosnt happen to more people just trying to keep these cars going

You keep saying you lost money. Did you not get reimbursed? If you didn't make the purchase I can't see how the credit card won't take care of you.

D

After alot of time spent on the phone yes they did give me the money back it wouldn't make sence for me to buy tickets in pa if I live in Ontario but what I was getting as is if this happens everytime I get parts I'm sure the credit card comp won't be as understanding

After alot of time spent on the phone yes they did give me the money back it wouldn't make sence for me to buy tickets in pa if I live in Ontario but what I was getting as is if this happens everytime I get parts I'm sure the credit card comp won't be as understanding

Might want to keep an eye on your bank account. Had my debit card # stolen last year. They started by buying a $100 gift cert from Fandango.com. They used my address and another name. It appears that was a test to make sure the card worked. A week later someone from NC bought plane tickets from the Dominican Republic as well as a few others in the states. I live in IL. The airline caught it before the bank. Just an FYI. I have no idea how my number got stolen. They even had the security number off the back. Since then I don't buy anything online with my debit card. I switched to my credit card. Too scary having someone have access to real money.

I had my card used for a questionable purchase a few months ago. I phoned Capitol One and in one minute they cancelled my old card, credited us for the purchase and send out new cards to us. If you spent a lot of time on the phone with your credit card company on this... you need a new credit card company! This type of fraud can happen anywhere. I've dealt with Kirban for 20 years and never had any problems. There are many ways hackers get credit card numbers so it's good to have a trusted credit card company to work with these days.

So the verdict is.

Kirbans greasy fingers aren't from the popcorn he bought with someones credit card.
His employees greasy fingers aren't from the popcorn either.
Credit card companies always back up fraudulent charges.

Sounds good to me.

Shit happens!

D

Interesting..... My story....late last year my cc was charged $100 @ fandango.com which I caught. They had all my info but used an email address starting with Peggy.... The MasterCard could not give me any more info:( I tracked down all the places I gave cc info to in the last six months(mostly pay pal thankfully). I did call all the places I gave the info to over the phone(one being kirbans ) asking for Peggy!!! No luck so I got a new card And let it go. I always buy from kirbans but now I will only be using the cc/PayPal online.

Moral of the story always watch your cc there are hackers everywhere!!!!! I never blamed anyone but wish I could of found the A**HO**

About august of last year I was also charged $100 for fandango. Since I had been buying parts from Kirbans and TT and Gbody and everyone else it just makes me stay on top of my charges. Seems interesting on the $100 fandango though.

[quote="Seems interesting on the $100 fandango though."[/quote]

Noticed that too.....might be getting onto something here.........

I can tell you thru my experiences in credit card fraud similarities can occur but I wouldn't fault Kirban, here's why. My debit card had odd charges on it and I called the bank to report them and have them cancelled, void the card and re-issued. I also had a Visa card from the same bank, I had gotten it for a balance transfer offer to get rid of some debt. This card had NEVER been used in a store or been out of my safe since the day I got it. The very next day the Credit Card protection for the bank called me to report tons of charges. I had to quickly go and look if I still had the card, it was still in the safe. I had never used it, how the heck did they get the account or card numbers?

All I can say is, the people that know how to fraud cards are A LOT smarter than most realize. This expereince showed that to me.

They can hack directly into the Credit Card Companies computers and get people's info without you ever using your card.

Pete
Kirbans

I change all my CC numbers once a year. The account is the same but with new numbers. You have to have them set it so if someone tries to charge the old numbers, it doesn't automatically go to the new number, whether it is legitimate or not. This pisses off my company's web provider since they like to automatically charge six months before it's due and I like to pay them the day before its due. It is not failsafe system. Everything helps though.

I am not usually a trusting person. Two guys and a pickup truck with no home address I wouldn't trust for one second. I have only met Dennis a few times and he doesn't know me from the man on the moon, but when he invites customers to his home...., well the smart money says that the problem is elsewhere. It goes without saying that Kirban & Co.'s reputation is rock solid.....but I said it anyway.

Don't fill out credit-card info on line. Call next time , to many hackers. That narrows it down to whom you gave your card number to.

Interesting..... My story....late last year my cc was charged $100 @ fandango.com which I caught. They had all my info but used an email address starting with Peggy.... The MasterCard could not give me any more info:( I tracked down all the places I gave cc info to in the last six months(mostly pay pal thankfully). I did call all the places I gave the info to over the phone(one being kirbans ) asking for Peggy!!! No luck so I got a new card And let it go. I always buy from kirbans but now I will only be using the cc/PayPal online.

That's where my cc company said the money went they said it went to but movie tickets from a website called fandango located in pa