Is alcohol the answer...

Matt

...to race trim on the street? Aside from slicks and dropping sway bars. Is this the way to go for an honest 11 (or whatever in "race" trim) second street car?

I'm almost certain that I'm going to go with alcohol injection in the future whenever I can muster up the funds.

Alcohol is NOT a replacement for high octane leaded fuel. Alky is the next best thing IMO.

With a nice sized turbo 44> you can turn the wick up to 26+ lbs of boost on 116 octane. Same setup, your lucky to run 24lbs on alky with 93 in the tank.

Alky SMC

I have TA51, V4, THDP, 009s. I run 26 LB of boost with SMC alky with no KR. I am allready in the sweet spot on that turbo. It does not replace race fuel,But its a lot less money to run, And it gives me a cushion when I run in the streets.
Nick

Question

I run nothing but 116 maximal red. I run 10.80s with 25 lb of boost what should I be able to run with a good alky set up and 93 gas?? Boost and ET wise just for an example. Is it worth it for a car thats is street driven say 1000 miles a year and raced maybe 50-60 passes

Lonnie Diers

Yes, I love Alky injection, use it everyday too, bummy the cats and run it 100% , I use Methanol and just love it, made over 30 extra hp on a mild boost increase on my stocker, its a hot-air too. I have made almost 60 rear wheel hp from added alky, and more boost, could double that I think too, will post with results

Results in my sig. I would say my car is the "classic" build up recipe. More left in it.

Originally posted by Mr URL
Results in my sig. I would say my car is the "classic" build up recipe. More left in it.

Please don't post that sig. It makes me sick...

'87 Grand National (11.84@115.87 1.70 60ft) 91 octane pump gas, 22 degree Extender, SMC alchy

;)

Lonnie D., your question is difficult to answer, almost rhetorical. Only you can decide whether "alky is the answer" or not.

Water/alcohol injection is like many other aspects of performance add-ons; It greatly depends upon the execution.
To wit, you could do a vendor kit and expect reasonable results.
On the other hand, you might try a d.i.y. setup. If done right, you can get you very close to full-race parity, except on 93 octane instead of c16.

The d.i.y. approach is not for the squeamish, casual, "plug-n-play" tuner. It involves development and testing, and probably a certain amount of persistent 'transitional knock'. Yet, the rewards can be satisfying.......