Is a 3.8 engine from a 86 Buick Lesabre worth anything?

6pack

T-Time
Is anything interchangeable with our engines and is anything else worth salvaging? Reason for asking is my bro-in-law wants to buy my 91 s-10 blazer I am selling for $1500. He wants to give me $1000 and the engine. If I parted the engine could I make the $500 back? Thanks

Probably not worth it. I think the only part they have in common is the rods. I don't remember in that year if they use the 8445 heads or the TTA style heads. The cranks I've seen have rolled fillets but a smaller bolt pattern for the flexplate. It uses a roller cam but the lifters won't interchange with our motors. The block has a different bolt pattern and bolts up to a 700.

There is a local guy who built one with stock internals except for the pistons that went in an S-10 and is almost in the 10s. It's been at that level for several years and very reliable, no parts breakage.

I've read some-where that those early 85-86 fuel-injected intakes fit on our engines, where the later models won't because of the different heads and deck heights. .02

The intakes look almost identical...one thing I have noticed is it has centerbolt valve covers..so that is probably the TTA style heads. It is also an SFI engine. He seems to think he could get $700-$1000 for the complete engine!

Conn rods and 8445 heads in 86. Intake might work but it has a funky water outlet so you would have to do surgery to make it work RWD. The u-pull-it by me wants $129 for a long block so I would think that is the market value for one.

Mark...I already told him he would have to sell it...no trades here..I need the $$$$:D Lilsixsteve......that's what I told him basically:eek: :D