Is a 1.3 60' possible for me?

wicked_TurboLV

wana race my lowrider???
Is a 1.3 60'ft possible for me?

:eek: well it all happened on Nov 15 2002 11:18 pm at the las vegas motor speed way strip. It was a friday midnight mayham were amatuers can race there cars. Well here is the thing, Im a proud owner of a 87 gn with only a few mods from stock (RJC power plate, accufab fuel pressure reg., 50# inj, and some drag shocks i bought for the front). Now with this in mind my time on the 1/4 mile was 14.941@85.96mph w/RT 2.043 and get this a 60'ft of 1.335:eek: my friend triped out at my 60'ft, he said that only pros can do that. what im asking is could it have been a computer malfunction or was it my lucky day. can any one solve the mystery :confused: :confused: :confused:is it possible:confused:

I highly doubt you got that 60ft with that ET. What happened why you only run a 14.94 were u spinnin or let off.

as a matter a fact i had really no time to boost and wwent off at an idile no spin just floored and try to win. dont know why but thats really my best time cant tell what im doing wrong.:confused:

It was either a malfunction or debris blew past the 60' eye and triggered that time. It happens sometimes.

On a related note, is that 86mph trap speed correct? Seems like even a stock GN should pull mid-90 mph traps, even in Vegas. How long have you had your GN?

ive had the car for about two months and what bothers me is that during all my runs my car red lines at about 65mph and when i see that i let off the gas cause im afraid to blow somthing. seems that it wont shift unless i let off and step on it again. is this normal could it be that its because i dont have a shift kit. also ivehit 92.4mph but the time i got on that one was a 15.47:mad: that day really sucked

gn trouble

Weve gotto figure this out . Idont want anyone driving a gn anywhere higher than 13s.Tell me everything you have in your car.All stock i was running 13.s all day long.Your 60 foot is a mistake youd be running 10s at that rate. My best 60ft was 1.89 12.51@107mph.And i can launch hard at 5 to 8 pounds of boost. If youre not launching with any boost theres no way you got that 60 ft time

everything stock except; acufab FPR, 50#msd inj, tranny cooler, and a RJC power plate, thats it no guages, no hot wire fuel pump, no bags everything on the car is stock. even the single shot exhaust system is on it.:confused:. It had a crack on the driver side header but already took care of that cant really figure out what i could be doing wrong. Ive been able to launch the car at 4lbs of boost and really in my opinion it felt good but i got an even worse time by doing that 15.4@92mph. I explained to my friends and they couldnt help me i think i just really need to tune the car up real good. There is one more midnight mayham this friday and im planning to try my car out again see if i can get any better results any tips please reply. thanks in advance :D

hey wicked_turbolv,
i am going to the midnight mayham also unfortunately i haven't found a gn out here for sale with a resonable price but as soon as i sell my boat i'll have one too,(garanteeeed) maybe ill see you there, going with a friend in red a mitsu 3000 gt vr-4, (he's trying to solve his launchn problem).. over 5K in mods and still can't get in the 12"s , real heavy car, good luck getting your car tuned correctly my step-dad had a gn and it ran 13.8@??? bone stock, so i'm sure your times will get much much better, i hope:confused:

60'ft of 1.335 :rolleyes: wow that sounds like a 800hp+ car :D No, its impossible with the mods you've got, must of been an error. Still, if you have the timeslip you can show that to your friend and brag about how the GN's launch so hard even stock. ;)

Midnight Mayhem

I am not sure what you mean by redlining at 65mph. Does it not hit redline briefly on the 1-2 shift but does at 65 when it's been in 2nd gear for a bit?? Are you by chance looking at the boost guage instead of the tach? With aftermarket chips (most, at least), you'll be boosting in the red zone under WOT and that is normal.

Did you run more than once? If so, please supply the 60', 1/8 mile and 1/4 miles times and applicable mphs for each run. Just FYI, we don't care so much about the times, as they can be skewed by wheelspin. MPH will give us a better indication of how the car is running.

With respect to MMayhem, let us know how you do. I might be out there. If I am, I'll try to find you. If the car is not pinging, try to at least get one complete WOT run.

Edit - Make sure you have good octane gas in the car.

What kind of chip do you have in the car? Why are you running those big injectors without any kind of fuel pump to back them up?

I'll be out at the track Saturday morning. I'm not going out for MM... Too many 17 second cars blowing up and spewing crap all over the track. If anyone else is out there, look for me... I'll be the guy in the black GN. ;)

Peter

ok guys check it out the night didnt get any better, first run 15.7@86.61mph/60'ft 2.3/1/8 9.9. My second run was 15.2@89.3mph/60'ft 2.2/1/8 9.7 the rest of the night was the same all my runs felt the same and pretty much didnt look like i could do any better. You see the problem is not at the begining because I'll launch at 5lbs of boost and really it feels good to me but once i reach about 50-55mph the car stays in shift and will red line causing this rattling noise and the only option i have is letting off the gas and getting back on it. that the only reason i was able to get that 15.2 that night. you see when i let off i have to let off completly and let it get back down to about 4-3500rpm then get on it. thats why i cant break into the 90mph so i think. I dont know if its my set up or what, what ever mods ive mentioned is what i got nothing else. Also another thing, I cant light my tires up. Ill sit there at about 25mph and nothing really happens untill i let off the break some and line up, by then needle just shoots up to 50mph and i let off the gass.:confused: :confused: :confused: I dont know but last night was the last midnight mayem and now ill have plenty of time to get my car straight. I sure will be online a lot to get info an share my progress with you guys.:D :D thanks for listening

What is your fuel pressure, boost, what chip are yopu running,etc. Quit running that car, it is going to blow up. It is either pig rich, or extremely lean. either way fix it before you break it. You should be going alot faster than that. You should still be running stock injectors.

Priorities in order??

TurboLV wrote:
"You see the problem is not at the begining because I'll launch at 5lbs of boost and really it feels good to me but once i reach about 50-55mph the car stays in shift and will red line causing this rattling noise"
You also said:
"everything stock except; acufab FPR, 50#msd inj, tranny cooler, and a RJC power plate, thats it no guages, no hot wire fuel pump, no bags everything on the car is stock. even the single shot exhaust system is on it.. It had a crack on the driver "
These comments lead me to some suggestions.. Most of which, may help keep the crank in the block and the heads on the deck..:eek: :eek:
1. Put the gauges in the car, and get a GOOD FP gauge that you can put on the W/S to tune with.
2. Add the FP hotwire.
3. Add some air bags.
4. Do a spring cleaning and use AC CR43TS plugs. GOTO: GNTTYPE and READ up on tuneups and spring cleanings...
5. Get a good ehaust system.
6. Service the trans.
7. Put some valve springs on it.
8. Put a line loc on it.
9. AND ON TOP OF items 1 thru 8, GET A SCAN TOOL!!

Most likely the no shift is ign retard pulling the power back.. That's also why you hear the "rattling noise".[AKA DETONATION!!] Could be the gov spring got pitched out of the gov too.
Having to let off the brakes in a burnout is what makes having a line loc necessary.

Bottom line is:
Without the tuneup, the parts necessary to race with, and a scan tool, you are headed DIRECTLY for a disaster.. This engine WILL cough up it's guts....
;) :eek: :eek:

BACK under my rock..:cool: :D ;)

your front wheels would have come off the grond no way deffintly mis print your short times are consistent 2.2 2.3 which sounds correct for your times you should be able to improve them with some drag rads should knock them down to 1.8 1.9 stop abusing your car get a scantrool and a intank fuel pump for starters a real boost gauge. i was running 13.20 102 mph 1.8 60 foot all stock except for atr super pump 40lb inj adj fuelreg kb pro chip. 4lbs boost on launch. 15 lbs boost at wot . probaly would have hit 12.90's if the weather wasnt so hot and a little more tuning. good luck do one change at a time in between runs such as fuel pres boost and so on get that scanmaster you need it .

thanks guys i new these things were obvious but dont worry the car is still in good condition just wanted to know how my car was running. the is in storage in my garage for a good while and all the goodies are on the way i know it was'nt the best idea to run the car like that but i had to get the feel of my car and even thow im not even running stock times i still love my car and will give it the TLC the car deserves. Hey it only has 66k miles on it and still running strong. Hope to keep posting my progress and make my fellow GN Brothers proud. thanks again :D :D :D :D

Sorry but it's not running strong at all if you're getting 15 sec timeslip, something is wrong.....get a major tune up or something. You should already be in the deap 14's. Dont run the car like that, fix it and after race it.

And why did you put 50lb inj on a stock setup? Do you plan to have the combination for that in the future at least?