Internal Balance Dampner Question

BABY BOEING

I purchased a internal balance Eagle crank and got a BMS internal balancer. My question is it has the 3 ring interupter on it but it's shielded by another ring. Do I need to remove this outter ring for the stock crank sensor to work properley. Also does anybody have the part # for an 168 tooth internal flywheel. Thanks in advance for your help.

ring

Don/t do anything to the hub!!! The outer ring is the one you use. Measure the outer ring and measure the ring on a stock hub. They are the same dia. At least mine are!!

Would you happen to have the phone number for JW? On the dampner your saying that the outter ring with only one window must remain in place for it to work properley? I'm concerned as is appears to be shielding what looks to be the same as the stock ring underneath. Thanks Jon

hub

You and I must have different hubs. Mine is definatelly a BMS hub and I have seen probably 10 BMS hubs as a guy was selling them a few years ago at an event. Mine has 2 rings---The inner ring is smaller than a stock ring (in dia.) and it has 1 window cut in it. My outer ring is the same dia. as a stock and has 3 windows cut in it. That is the ring I use. These are pieces machined from a solid piece of steel.

Mine is definitley different than yours. My inner ring appears to be the same diameter as stock and has the 3 windows. The outter ring has only one window and is a larger diameter than stock. Thanks for your help. Jon

I believe the other ring is a trigger for the BMS ignition system. I always thought that was why the crank sensor had 2 grooves, but I could be wrong. If it is in the way, grind it off I say.

I believe it talks about the 2 rings in the Buick Power Source book. If you don't have a copy let me know and I'll find it in there for you.

Hello Turbo Riviera,

I don't have the powersource manual. If you could find it and let me know for sure I would appreciate it. Thanks Jon