Forged 109 shortblock

hemi8

Goin Sideways
DSC01570.JPG DSC01594.JPG DSC01612.JPG DSC01625.JPG DSC01635.JPG DSC01644.JPG DSC01650.JPG
DSC01570.JPG
DSC01594.JPG
DSC01612.JPG
DSC01625.JPG
DSC01635.JPG
DSC01644.JPG
DSC01650.JPG
All machine work performed by Bill Coleman of Coleman Racing Brothers Fame (Linthicum Heights, Maryland)
Rotating assembly purchased from Dan at DLS who prepared the parts before shipping to me.
ATR hyd. roller cam prepared by Weber Racing (machined front cover, machined cam to accept torrington bearing setup and added nose shim system to cam)
Engine assembled by me, have ALL receipts for everything.
Oil pressure at idle is 20psi, engine is as tight today as the day it was built.
I always ran BMW M3 spec 10W-60 synthetic oil ONLY.
I have loads of pictures of the engine during assembly (PM me for pics of engine now and during assembly.
Engine has 15k STREET ONLY miles since assembly (2007) and has seen NO abuse and has NO issues. I am selling to finance a stage 2 engine build.
"The List"
Original 109 block from my 86 GN, line honed, billet steel center 2 caps, 0.040" overbore using torque plates, screw-in oil galley plugs, decked (surface roughness less than 30 RA), ARP main studs.
Eagle 4340 forged steel crankshaft
Federal Mogal main and rod bearings
Durabond cam bearings
K1 forged rods
Ross custom turbo pistons spec'd by Bill Coleman, pins are full floating.
Total Seal rings
BHJ internal balancer
JW Internal balance Flywheel
ARP flywheel bolts
Engine is Internally balanced
Cam specs:
212/206, .467 intake, .453 exhaust w/1.55:1 rockers, .497 intake, .482 exhaust w/1.65:1 rockers
RJC oil pan
Weber Racing supplied the custom ground timing set, made by Engine Works.
Heads were sold
TA Performance blueprinted front cover with adjustable pressure and oil feed cam sensor gear oil supply line.
Engine is ready to run, comes with ARP head studs for GN1 heads ,new Cometic Head Gaskets (0.060" compressed thickness), new intake and exhaust gaskets all come w/engine.
Stock pass. engine mount, HRPARTSNSTUFF drivers side poly engine mount.
All parts brand new when engine was built.
3600.00 Firm, Serious Inquiries Only SOLD!
Mike

Last edited:
Man I wish I saw this before I started my build... :( Thats an awesome deal! Might have to find some money and buy it as a spare!!

3.4 stock stroke. The pics above are from when the engine was assembled in 07. Currently the short block is in the car, I will need a week to remove and prepare for buyer.
Mike

where are you located...I'm in MD and very familiar with Bill Coleman of Colman Brothers and interested.