Balancer ?

3.8L V-8 eater

Hi, to all

Ok guy's here is my delema :confused:

I just had my motor rebuilt all new bearings, crank turned , new cam so on. Now that I'm in the process of putting it back together I've discovered that the reluctor ring that passes through the crank sensor is a little bent. You can see where it is starting to eat away at the crank sensor :frown:

Problem is my motor was balanced and you can see where work was done to the balancer to get the motor balaced. i'm assuming you can't just replace the balancer with an untouched stock one as it will throw everything off. To make maters worse the flexplate is cracked and needs replaced and it too was worked on as part of the balancing... Now the motor builder knew the flexplate was cracked as he was the one who told me about it and did not mention it would be a problem to just replace the flexplate. As for the balancer he never saw that cause I only took him what he needed to rebuild the lower end.

Question can I send the balancer to someone to have just the ruluctor ring replaced using the same modified balancer???

Duplicating the new flexplate to match the old balnced one seems like something I should be able to handle and get near the same.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Dan replaced my reluctor ring this past winter. I don't know how busy he is now but it would be worth contacting him and the price was very reasonable and he replaced it and sent it back to me the same week. :smile:

He uses a billet reluctor ring instead of the stock stamped ring.

DLS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT
886 E 900N, Wheatfeild, IN, 46392
219-956-3653

Thanks guy's this is what I was hoping to hear... I'll duplicate the flexplate and have the reluctor wheel replaced!!