Interior paint question

86 TR

Work In Progress
I have a 86 T-Type As7 seats with tan leather interior. The gm code is 623 and says saddle

I found light saddle interior paint. Thought it looked good. It's darker than I want. I want something closer to gm plastic color.

Doesn't match the other interior panels that haven't seen any sun.

I prepped, adhesion promoter, color and satin coat.

Can you just scuff and repaint plastic? After I did the entire procedure?

Until I find the correct shade of tan

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Console
20200429_151033.jpg

Dennis Kirban says there were only 55 with tan leather in 86.

Just want to keep the interior as orginal as I can

Gonna be difficult to scuff that plastic without messing up the texture on it and I'd be REAL careful with that vinyl.

Maybe just finda color you want and use more adhesion promoter and a new coat of color. I'll ask my interior guy what he thinks tomorrow when I'm at work.

We most buy our interior resto products from Superior Restoration Products - Automotive Interior & Exterior

Can use adhesion promoter after I did that with the color and satin clear?

Just want to keep her as much original in the interior as I can

Honestly it doesn't look horrible. Guess you could leave out in the sun to fade. Seriously maybe take your can of Kirban's paint with the color code and have a decent paint shop mix a bit of lightener to it to see what you come up with.

No it doesn't. But not quite correct. Here's my build sheet.
bed86745ffd6ec68e6341262dd1618b4.jpg

My vin. Oh well. Come try and take it. Lead poisoning. He he

My buddy is taking an armrest from the rear seat. Matching the color. Mixing it. Shouldn't be any fading back there

A lotta VIN's out there, including mine.

Let some asshole thief try and say he owns my car with the history on this site I have since 2011. Might cost me a bit to prove it's mine, but he would have to come out of the woodwork to try and prove his claim.

That's when it would get down right nasssssty and scary for him AND his family. I know some folk, as do MANY here...... ;)

Know what I mean, VERN?

1588302102571.png

Last edited:
Im very curious on what your guy had to say about interior paints

My interior guy says he wouldn't scuff it any more, or use adhesion promoter on top of what's already there. Just find a color that matches correctly and and go over it again. Since it's a fresh makeover the paints with sort of bond to each other.

I had a custom mix made. This car had 2 different shades of tan. Not including the dash. That's dark saddle

It's going to be the same color now.

Thank's for your input