interior paint too light

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
so had a little rust spot on the glove box, got it off with a little rust bullet and lightly sanded with 420, painted with the grey interior paint from g body looked great until I put in the car just is too light in appearance , so I tried a can from kirbans exactly the same color must be the same paint
are there any other one that are correct /little darker grey , that someone has tried ??

so had a little rust spot on the glove box, got it off with a little rust bullet and lightly sanded with 420, painted with the grey interior paint from g body looked great until I put in the car just is too light in appearance , so I tried a can from kirbans exactly the same color must be the same paint
are there any other one that are correct /little darker grey , that someone has tried ??
I had problems when trying to color match my interior plastics. I also bought the grey spray paint from Kirban's or G-Body (don't remember exactly who).

I ended up spraying the entire contents of 2 cans into a glass bottle. Then, using black and various other different colors on my shelf, including Testor"s model paint, house paints, or whatever, added drops as needed and shook it up. I continued to test for color match with a small artist's brush until l was satisfied with the match. I ended up with a full jar when I got it right.

Now I use the paint in one of those cheap refillable spray can kits you get from Home I also have used it in my airbrush. I was able to spray my roll-bar, gauge cups, steering column, glove box door, and any other interior accessory I needed too. Plus I have plenty of touch-up for future use. And I can use it with a small brush to touch-up scratches from time to time.

Pain the ass, but it's done now and it's good to keep on the shelf sealed tight in a bottle.

jeeezz that's serious bob ross :LOL::LOL:, but hey I bet it looks correct , so will have to color match dang it
thanks for the input

jeeezz that's serious bob ross :LOL::LOL:, but hey I bet it looks correct , so will have to color match dang it
thanks for the input

Happy little trees.

Try Space Age Paints if there is one in your area. They can mix up custom colors in rattle cans. They have a system to determine how to tint the paint.

Happy little trees.

Try Space Age Paints if there is one in your area. They can mix up custom colors in rattle cans. They have a system to determine how to tint the paint.
Actually my local Benjamin Moore store does this as well. You have to buy a full quart and then it’s like 16 additional dollars for every spray can they fill for you. But you can get something like 10 cans out of a quart of paint.

it upsets me that these guys so famous in the TR comunnity sell things that are not correct , just to make buck all the while knowing that everyone who owns one of these cars is very serious about the authenticity and restoration of their cars , pretty much a rip off IMOP , a lot of great products these guys have produced but keep the quality up that is the state of the whole world right now , all for stupid spray paint , pisssed off

sorry moderators this should now be in the feedback section
30-40 dollars for a can of spray paint that doesn't match is BS shipping is ridiculous at least take the time to sell correct products because guys like me and many others really care about our cars
remember the heart that goes into these cars and why you started your love for these cars , pissed off!!

it upsets me that these guys so famous in the TR comunnity sell things that are not correct , just to make buck all the while knowing that everyone who owns one of these cars is very serious about the authenticity and restoration of their cars , pretty much a rip off IMOP , a lot of great products these guys have produced but keep the quality up that is the state of the whole world right now , all for stupid spray paint , pisssed off

I beg to respectfully disagree with your assumption here.

I purchased the 1599 G Body, SC15886 Color Bond dark blue interior paint from Kirban's and it could not have been a more exact match. Dead....Nuts.....On.

Paint manufacturers, like any business, must deal with changing supply lines, changing materials and changes in the chemicals they are allowed to use/include in their products. Since I make my living in the auto paint world, I have a bit of experience in this discipline.

These changes can and do directly affect the color, texture and application propensities of paints manufactured in 1986/87 and let's so, you know , today.

Instead of attacking/besmirching the few guys out there who try to provide us with products that work on our cool little cars, perhaps you should reach out to them and ask why the color is off, no? Even better, do it here in a public forum. I'm certain they :

a. Would want to know.
b. Would want to help get it right.

I'm jus' sayin'. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hear ya t guy just venting to my brothers
waste of time and money IMOP they should do the research if they are gonna sell a product that is suppose to be correct and charge almost 20 dollars in shipping

I get it, and they've done the research, they have, at least HAD, solid products, but again, the formulas may have changed unbeknownst to them, and now they no longer are a perfect match.

Come on now, when do you think the last time Dennis put color on a dash was?

I cannot, nor will I speak to G-Body Parts products.

In addition, the shipping cost is due to hazardous and flammable materials. No getting around that.

I suggest you reach out to Kirban's. They've always been understanding, upstanding and honest about their products with me. If there was ever an issue, they made it right.

If you bought it from them, call them. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at their reaction.

im glad the blue is correct just put yourself in my shoes love these guys for what they do but just stating the facts
not acceptable IMOP

I've been in your shoes many times, in far more than Buick related issues. You need to reach out to who sold you the paint.

I will go bob ross and get it color matched to be correct like nytwintrurbo did ill never give up

I will reach out to both of them and we will see , you already know how it will go with one of them wink wink so we'll see with the other but ill bet you dollars to donuts nothing will happen , just saying ill keep you posted

Please do. I'm certain there are several people lurking in the shadows, watching what will transpire here in the end.

The search function is your friend....:)

Additionally, try here..... We use this site and products often for old(er) cars. Their VIN decoder is pretty damned exact.

seriously you really think they are gonna give a squat of piss about my 20 dollars ????