Correct interior paint

86 TR

Work In Progress
I'm in the process of trying to freshen up the interior in my 86 TType. Very unique interior combination.

It has tan leather 45/45 seats with a mini console. The dash looks like dark saddle but the rest of the interior is allot lighter color. Kind of like a light tan.

The interior is completely stock the way it come from the factory. I found the seat code.

Is there a paint code for the interior colors?

Thanks

Last edited:
The correct paint is to take a piece from under the dash that isn't bleached and take it to your paint jobber and have it mixed

I'm in the process of trying to freshen up the interior in my 86 TType. Very unique interior combination.

It has tan leather 45/45 seats with a mini console. The dash looks like dark saddle but the rest of the interior is allot lighter color. Kind of like a light tan.

The interior is completely stock the way it come from the factory. I found the seat code.

Is there a paint code for the interior colors?

Thanks
I've been playing around with paint for tan interior cars. I think the brown dash is dark saddle and the interior is buckskin and light saddle. But Ive seen so many cars with various combinations..sometimes the console is dark, sometimes light, sometimes the kickpanels are dark, sometimes they match the dash..etc.
anyway. These are the colors I found..bough them on ebay
paint_170030.jpg

Hey Craig,

Give Tower Paint a call - Appleton WI - maybe long time employee Kris? still answers the phone, I don't know. They have a lot of references at hand. Anyway great customer service and will take time with you on phone. Their dark blue on my interior worked great. I top coated some parts with a satin clear but will I think they adjust gloss on subsequent cans as you like.

About $24 plus shipping "Unless you're up der in the Fox Valley HEY - den jus drop in, you know?" :LOL:
http://www.apstowerpaint.com

Bob