interest on short block

Chance Parker

I have a short block 109 that I am considering selling. It came with the car I purchased. From the paperwork I have the machine work was done by venciennces machine shop in Hobart/Hammond Indiana. block was bored .030 over and had all 4 billet caps installed/bored and honed to block. It has a eagle 4340 crank, eagle 4340 h beams rods and a set of J&E pistons with file fit rings. Rotating assembly was balanced to 36% by same machine shop as stated above. It has arp main studs in it. rotating assembly spins freely. It has a 4 thousandths shorter timing chain due to bore and hone of machine caps. It also has a ductile roller 212/212 from full throttle with 885 roller lifters, but I might keep those for the stock motor I just got for the car. That is why I am considering selling this short block. It was assembled by the previous owner who past away. I have an idea of what the parts and machine work cost, but not sure of what to sale it for. I am kinda thinking of a price of 3000.00 but I am open to any reasonable offer. I'll get pics up tomorrow

thanks in advance,
Chance

The biggest problem you will have is that the owner assembled the block and you don't know what the rod and main clearances really are set too. You are in the right ball park with the price ....good luck

Bryan

If that is true then this is a hell of a deal !!
Will be sold soon ...

Bryan

ok turbognx has passed on this due to time restrainst on his end. I have a list from pm's and on post I am going to go according to list - its the only fair way I know to do it.

Also just south of Dayton, OH so you wouldn't have to mess with shipping. Able to pick it up when its convenient for you.

getting pics this afternoon and will be sending them out to you guys that asked for them and trying to post them on here also. thanks