Intercooler????

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
My IC has some of it's powder coating flaking off on the 'in' side, right by the hose.

Anyone know if I can just have it re-powdercoated? Or would I be better of finding an NOS IC?

Car has roughly 5k miles on it. Currently looking to detail it and fix the small handful of minor imperfections. Like the flaking IC, turbo heat blanket... you know, the little things we all get.

Speaking of which, is anyone making replacement heat blankets anymore?

Speaking of which, is anyone making replacement heat blankets anymore?

I dont think the repops are being made anymore, but in my opinion I wouldnt use one to restore a car. The one I purchased for my GTA is nothing like an original and hasnt held up well either.

I used radiator paint from eastwood on my intercooler. I didnt know they were powdercoated stock.

Jason

I used radiator paint from eastwood on my intercooler. I didnt know they were powdercoated stock.

Jason

That's what I used as well. I doubt they were powder coated from the factory (Garrett in this case) as the original paint comes off too easy (flakes off .... powder coating wouldn't do that and would be thicker).

That's what I used as well. I doubt they were powder coated from the factory (Garrett in this case) as the original paint comes off too easy (flakes off .... powder coating wouldn't do that and would be thicker).

Excellent point Jan. I'll paint it then.

Thanks!

I totaly stripped mine using paint stripper and my power washer, cleaned it proberly before painting it. Make sure not to get lots of paint on the fins.

Also when you have it stripped look for some scribe marks on the top next to the pipe going to the intake .... serial number :)

Also if you have the sticker (Garrett) on the top make sure to try to remove it so you can put it back after painting the IC, I got a repro one on mine so you can go that route as well but they are slightly differnt (actually better)