Insuring a GN

cwelk87gn

XCELR8S
I know this is a little off subject, but as a new GN owner I went to put insurance (full coverage) and my State Farm agent said it's not old enough to qualify for "Classic" car or stated value insurance but that it would be insured for NADA book value. I had my bank look up the value and they said the book value is around $5,000, I went to NADA.com and the value came up as around $15,000. Anyone dealt with this before? :confused:

Haggerty insurance i have heard about...

i am not old enough

there was this topic a little while ago and everyone that qualified (very hard i guess) was very happy

I have my T-Type insured as a collector's car with www.americancollectorsins.com

This is the 3rd car I have insured with them and they are great to deal with.

Provided you do not use the car as a daily driver, drive the car 2500 or less miles/year, and have it garaged, they will insure the car for whatever value you want on the car. Just remember that the more you want the insured price the more you will pay for the premium.

Originally posted by 87ttypeV8
Haggerty insurance i have heard about...

i am not old enough

there was this topic a little while ago and everyone that qualified (very hard i guess) was very happy
He's right...Haggerty is the best. It's difficult to get in, but if you can it's well worth it. I tell you this not only as a fellow GN owner, but also I am an insurance agent myself and I refer all of my customers with special interest cars to them. Just so you know....Haggerty classifies GNs as exotics, not classics, so the age of the car matters little. Also, they will require photos of the car to prove that the car is in 'Excellent' condition. (That is the only condition an exotic can be in and qualify.) Also, your daily driver must be newer than 10 yrs. old and you need to prove that the GN will be in a locked garage whenever it's not in use. If you make it past these guidelines (and don't have any tickets on your record for doing 90 through a school zone) you'll be one happy guy. My rates with zero deductible, stated value of 17k and 50/100 liabilty limits would have been about $250 a YEAR, but my daily driver is a '91.:mad: Finally, I wont say what insurance company I work for, but EVERY DAY I have State Farm customers come in and tell me what they pay....I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Even if you can't get Haggerty, get away from Snake Farm.

ok i know these collectors insruance things are great!

2500 annual miles?
do you stay true to this or do most people go over... 2500 i would drive in a month with my GN and i wouldnt be elligibale... also
i think my age... 18... would take me a while to establish a good driving record and be elligible for this type of insurance....

does anyone know of a place that would insure me at a decent rate... i had 1 accident when i was 16... i rear ended someone... and since then my record has been spotless!

i think haggerty said you have to be 21

i was very close to having haggarty insure my GN, it was the best price out there unfuntunalty they have a milage clause. of about 2500 miles a year. i like to drive my gn so i passed. if you can meet the restrictions go with haggarty.

just make sure you read the policy carefully and make any changes you see fit before you sign any papers. i learned my lession with this. and will never ever ASSume any thing when dealing with a claim agian!

Dathan

who needs insurance nowadays?
seriously
only thing you need insurance for is to scam them ;) ;)

Originally posted by 10,000
who needs insurance nowadays?
seriously
only thing you need insurance for is to scam them ;) ;)

your act is getting old.........................

Boy, the insurance jokes from 10,000 keep gettin' funnier everytime he repeats 'em..........:rolleyes:

I am glad I asked this question!! I went to Haggertys site and saved about 250 a year over Snake Farm and got BETTER coverage! Has anyone had a claim with them? If so how was it handled?

haggerty all the way. NO mileage linmit and I pay $240 a year with $15k coverage in a loss

I just got off the phone with Hagerty and they wouldn't insure my GN because it has a bigger turbo and Injectors etc. Does that sound right?