Thinking of getting back into a GN

blackbox

So it's been about a good 8 years since I sold my 87 GN. Since that time I've tried domestic muscle/sports cars in mustangs and vettes. I've jumped to the import world with my then 2010 GTR. Which was a blast, 10.5@133 with just bolt ons and a tune. Then I went exotic and that's were I am at now. I love the McLaren and it's a crazy fast and amazing machine but I am but a simple working man and the payment/insurance and Maintenance are just not what I want to do anymore. So I have decided to trade the car in on something cheaper for the Wife and get me into another much cheaper toy.

Just testing the waters right now to see what's out there but I would be interested in a 86-87 GN with a Staged 2 or TA motor. Nothing with a crazy drag set up but something I can take to car shows with the family and to the drags/streets for fun. I might entertain a clean t-type with similar engine, and it would have to be the right color inside and out for me.

I'm looking for something faster than low 10s. I feel like I need to continue to move up in the speed game. With my former cars runing mid ten (GTR) and a high ten sec (McLaren). Plus I'm sure some can agree that competition has changed since back.in the days. It's not uncommon to see 10s street cars all day and I want them to know the fear of coming across a GN. In my neck of the woods GNs are thought of as just car show classics, no longer the feared beast of yesteryear.

Anyways that's my speech, let me know what's out there. Thanks
Daniel

Welcome back , well almost . I'm sure you will find the right car it just may take a little while .

Welcome back , well almost . I'm sure you will find the right car it just may take a little while .

Thanks. Still looking at couple different types of cars. Window shopping at the moment. Haven't been able to seel the McLaren for what I'd like to get.