insurance on the TTA

rex362

hi everone...what are ya guys doing for insurance on the TTA's..??

I have hagerty.. my other rides are under $200 w/the min mileage...but they want almost $600 for insurance on the TTA with value of $28k...and a $1000 deductable

20 minutes later.

....I just called them and asked them what the price would be with a $1000 deductable and a value of $23k ....all that did was save me $80

hmmmmm so how did you come up with a $28k figure :eek: is that the goin price for a low milage TTA now ??

I checked with American Collectors Ins and got a premium of $288 with a value of about $13k or 15k, I don't remember which. But, I was uneasy about all their rules and cancelled the policy.

I have kept my policy with USAA and pay around $600 a year for $1000 deductable and a lot of coverage. No restrictions. 35 years with the same company.

lee

Hey all -

I have State Farm. I pay about 650 for 6 mos, assuming I'm driving it (seasonal being the mid-west and all). If it's in 'storage', which is just comprehensive (fire/theft/'acts of god/etc) it's roughly $20/month.

Here's the kicker though. I was originally shopping for 'stated value' insurance.

But on a whim, I called my regular S.F. agent. According to them (and my subsequent policy), the IGA/ISG or whatever the &@$& the 'insurance value guide' they use is says it's a flat $50,000. Yea, you read that right.

My policy states a replacement value of 50 grand. And that's listed in my policy documentation.

That said, I am not hallucinating and thinking I'll really see 50k. But really. Get the BEST company you can. Price is what you pay now. COST is what you pay when you REALLY need it...

Meaning, they don't pay... or take 5 mos to settle... or you have a 1k deductble... or they cover damn near nothing (good luck filing a claim for stolen emblems for example).

Sorry, but have WAAAYYYY too much experience with sub-par insurance companies, and the attempted screwings that ensue. That's what happens when you are a young male driving a sports car. Granted that was 10 years ago.

Oh, and I have a $250 dedctible. I compared and it's really (with a GOOD company) only a few bucks more per month. As in 10 bucks or thereabouts. How long will it take you to be money ahead by saving 10 bucks a month compared to shelling out a grand if you have a claim? 75 months? That's almost 6 and a half years...

Just shop around and don't be penny wise, pound foolish.

Food for thought.

M

** just realized you're in Chi-Town too. PM me and I'll give you the info for my agent. It's worth a shot.

Grumpy said:
hmmmmm so how did you come up with a $28k figure :eek: is that the goin price for a low milage TTA now ??

Grumpy....offer me 30g's I would hang up on ya.....

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

for the last 5 years I've been on hagerty for good value and good price...but I just figured out something...duhhhhhh(ME)

I am use 2 insuring older cars(20 years and older) the TTA is not old enough...it drops in price in 2009(and probably more value)......

ChicagoTTA....i will get back 2 you later ...have 2 call my Farmers guys first,since house and daily drivers are on with them ...see what they can do...

anyways...its not going on the streets anyways...it will stay garaged for a while(vacume sealed for grumpy... :biggrin: eheheheeheh

And just noticed you too have a VERY low mile TTA.

Haggerty could be great for all I know. But there is a rating system for insurance, so you know them better than I do. And, if you haven't (hopefully) had to experience a claim from them (and a decent one) it's hard to say until then.

I do know Farmers is pretty good.

Consider stated value maybe? Since it's VERY hard to gauge/convince value. And, no matter what's the value, try replacing a low mile car like ours in a few years. Good luck!

No worries. Just tryin to help by sharing bad experience(s) and trying to make sure you don't get screwed when it matters most.

M :cool:

I have known other people on forums that have had claims with hagerty and no problems or complaints.....and they mostly deal with classics and antiques...

...with hagerty i had a 1976 buick free spirit insured ..it took me 2 weeks 2 get them 2 give me insurance for $18k.....they didnt have a guide or reference for price guide for it.....and I used that against them...

and the most important part i imagine is location as well....

Grundy Worldwide, http://www.grundy.com ...full coverage, no deductible, no mileage limit (not daily commuter, school, work, etc.) http://www.grundy.com/benefits/ While the values have been greatly criticized here my car while may or may not be worth it in some peoples eyes is insured for 20K (Agreed Value) @ a cost of $300 per year :cool:

Grundy was recommended to me by several of the local Streetrod/Muscle car guys at our local cruise hangouts. They said it is the best deal and the no mileage limit is hard to beat.

Any idea of how they are on claims?? Since that's how we all should really judge the value of our coverage.

Certainly open to a 'specialty' insurance carrier who's used to 'classic cars'... So long as they're GREAT when (and IF) it counts.

Thanks for the heads-up.

GRUNDY....they just gave me an internet quote for $380 at $25k value..

have 2 check them out...anybody here have any claims experiance with them..?

I questioned them about what to do if I'm in a no-fault accident as in not my fault what should be done. They told me to file a claim with them and they would cover my car and handle the claim with the at-fault drivers insurance. They deal with LOTS of VERY expensive cars and told me not too worry. Give them a call and ask to talk to somebody other then the general information operator...they made me very comfortable. My mother is retired from 30 years as an assistant agent with State Farm and she is switching my dad's better then new 40k original miles '87 Fiero (Miller & Woods Turbo :cool: ) from State Farm to Grundy. It will save him and additional $200 per year and put a agreed value of 10K on his car...no brainer for him since he puts about 200 miles on it per year (he is retired).

rex362 said:
its not going on the streets anyways...it will stay garaged for a while(vacume sealed for grumpy... :biggrin: eheheheeheh

ummmmm don't save it for me :eek: I have enuff junk :biggrin: I couldn't have a car like that and not DRIVE it . It's a CAR :rolleyes: I bought one new (wellll wife bought it ) Raced the hell out of it !!! well after a 300 mile break in . ahhhh 3-4 days old :eek:

rex362 said:
hey Grumpy buddy.....I just got my TTA appraised for $33,666

Were are you guys getting these apprasals from? :eek: I need to get one for each of my cars for insurance. Anybody know of any one out on the West Coast who does this? :confused:

- Dave

rex362 said:
hey Grumpy buddy.....I just got my TTA appraised for $33,666

there is a sucker born every day :eek: :biggrin: oohhhhhh if these cars are doubling in price after you buy them then sell them an make $$$$ :p

Grumpy buddy....if you see any more TTA's w/ low miles let me know...maybe I get a home equity loan and buy a dozen or 2

I got Parish Heacock for my 87 GN...

They valued it at $19K and it was $400 a year with no deductable. Just need to stay under 3K miles per year.

rex362 said:
Grumpy buddy....if you see any more TTA's w/ low miles let me know...maybe I get a home equity loan and buy a dozen or 2

I can sell you one with 608 miles on it for $33,666 .... interested ?? :rolleyes: :eek: