Insurance companies going crazy

faster

I've owned a small business on and off for 30 years. Reopened my A/C business 10 years ago. Just got my insurance policy renewal for next year.

I have never had a claim and only two moving violations over the last 8 years with the last one being 2008

Price jumped 200%+ from $1000.00/year for an E-150 van and F-350 diesel to $2050.00 for the F-350 alone.
They will no longer insure full size vans.
I can't use the F-350 for any personal use like pulling my horses.
I can't drive more than 50 miles from the address of my business.
I can't cross state lines.
I always paid a premium for ability to use them for personal use also.

Called two other companies and they said the same thing. We no longer insure full size vans. I asked to do away with the commercial policy and put them all on my personal policy and got the same "we don't insure full size vans anymore". So all conversion vans are now un-drivable?

What the h### are we businessman supposed to do. What are farmers who need duelly's supposed to do?

I don't like where this is going.

Mikey

There are more than three insurance companies. I know it is a giant whip but keep calling and getting quotes. There is one out there that will insure you. I have to change companies regularly to keep the cost down. For some reason they seem to believe they can raise the rate and I will just pay more. Not so much. I'm not sure the time spent is worth it but I keep searching and changing, even back to previous companies at a rate lower than they charged on a previous policy sometimes. Crazy I know. I guess it depends on how bad they need a new customer.

They are just selling fear. I am not interested in paying much for it.