Installing engine--what parts should I install w/engine?

VeesGN

I'm installing my engine and would like to know what to install with the engine vs after it's in the car. For example--a/c, alt, turbo, headers, etc.

you can almost install them complete less the cross-over pipe . I put the AC and alt on after the engine is in . Use a nylon strap (1"-1 1/2") or chain under the manifold and around over the dog house . I've had to pull and install mine 3 times in the last month due to rebuild problems . I have it down to a art now :) . drop me a email if you want and I'll be glad to help with any questions . Good luck !

general guidelines

I haven't installed a TR engine, but I follow some general guidelines when installing engines.
I always try to bolt as much as reasonably possible to the engine before installing it. It's always easier when the engine is out of the car.
Having said that, I leave off anything that might get damaged or broken off. Typically these are things like sending units, oil filters, some mechanical fuel pumps (not applicable for you), etc.
Because the ignition module and coil sit so close to the firewall on the TR I'd leave that off. Looks like headers would go in with the engine OK, probably the turbo assembly as well, since it's at the front-top of the engine.
Hopefully someone here will fill in more detail for ya.
Jeff

Ok lets see. the easiest way is too leave the crossover, starter,DP off the vehicle. also the coilpack and wires and the AC comp. pretty much everything else will go in just fine