Injectors Too Small??????????

newkid87GN

I will be installing a TA49 to replace my worn out original turbo,,my concern is my 30 lb injectors..can I run these injectors safely with a TA49 or do I need larger ones? Love this site...

Need more info. Mods, scanmaster, what are your goals?

Your air/fuel will tell you how much fuel you need.

Im running a 60,000 mile stock long block with comp cams 120 lb.valve springs,, only mods are Dutt neck on stock intercooler Postons 3'" DP,hotwired walbro pump,SMC alky kit and a Pats 10" 3200 lu converter,no cat ,Hooker cat back exhaust.I tune with snap on scanner and caspers knock gauge 21 lbs boost with no knock on pump gas Car runs awesome but is starting to smoke found oil residue in intercooler,,Thanks,,,,Ken.......

You should be able to run those down into mid to low 12's or around 110 mph with the Fuel pressure cranked. If your car isn't there yet then just run them. If your close I would make the upgrade.

injectors

with the TA49 turbo, it seems you'd be safe with the 30 pounders & alky depending on the boost level. monitor your WOT passes and lift if it's 'knockin' :wink:

my stock injectors became maxed out when i went to the dutt neck.....that little bit of extra boost put me over the top, to take advantage of the 49 you have to get up to about 20 pounds of boost, below that point the stocker would do just as well, go with a set of 50's or 60's and tune for safety.

Got some 009's with a TT alky chip sitting on my shelf if your interested....

those inj are fine ... IF an when ya move "up" go with the 60's:cool: ... TT makes an excellent chip for them :biggrin:

Chips are burned for the injectors not the turbo. Get some 60's and don't look back.

I realize the chips are burned for the injectors but Eric at TT also informed me that if I upgraded my turbo he would have to program more fuel into the chip to compensate for the additional air that a larger turbo pumps...Makes sense to me..Thanks for the info..Ken......

If your scanner can read Injector Pulse Width, you will find out if you are pushing it or not. The alky will probably save you at your current power level but when you start seeing 90% IPW, time to move to 60's.

I had alky and 36lbers and they maxed out really fast on the old motor at 23psi.

PTE stock location intercooler, BFG drag radials, 1.7 60' time, close to 25# of boost if I remember right.