Info on GTA wheels

This is a little confusing. I am almost sure that the front offset on a GTA wheel is 0 and the rear is 16mm....With that being said, why not just use the fronts on the front of a GN and use the rears on the rear of a GN with a 5/8 spacer and longer studs? If 16mm equals .630", then 5/8 spacer (.625) should bring it back to 0 offset. Then you wouldnt have to go trying to buy all fronts which can be difficult unless you go with the new ones. Am i missing something here? Seems like a simple concept.:confused:

This is a little confusing. I am almost sure that the front offset on a GTA wheel is 0 and the rear is 16mm....With that being said, why not just use the fronts on the front of a GN and use the rears on the rear of a GN with a 5/8 spacer and longer studs? If 16mm equals .630", then 5/8 spacer (.625) should bring it back to 0 offset. Then you wouldnt have to go trying to buy all fronts which can be difficult unless you go with the new ones. Am i missing something here? Seems like a simple concept.:confused:

It's better not to run spacers at all.
I think if track officials see you running spacers,they frown upon that?

Yea......I know spacers aren't the best thing but that wasn't my point...we all know engineering is just a series of comprimises. Point is, this thread has a lot of formulas for making a set of these work and while 4 fronts is the best choice, sometimes that isn't always an option on a budget. Good thread though....lots of good info. This is by far the bust TR site

Yea......I know spacers aren't the best thing but that wasn't my point...we all know engineering is just a series of comprimises. Point is, this thread has a lot of formulas for making a set of these work and while 4 fronts is the best choice, sometimes that isn't always an option on a budget. Good thread though....lots of good info. This is by far the bust TR site

the B body spindles and brake setup is crap, don't do it. I did it years ago and the bump steer is scary at times.

ok after reading all the threads(great info)i would like to run both the gta's as well as the stock t-type wheels what would be best to acomplish this if even possible?(would be running fronts and rear gtas with 245 tires all the way around)thanks for any input/help jim

ok after reading all the threads(great info)i would like to run both the gta's as well as the stock t-type wheels what would be best to acomplish this if even possible?(would be running fronts and rear gtas with 245 tires all the way around)thanks for any input/help jim

Need either 4 front GTA rims or 4 of the 0 offset repops like the ones available from Classic Industries. Running 245s is no problem on these with no other mods required.

what would i need if i wanted to run a set of rears(spacer size)so as not too have to get longer studs to still use the factory wheels(just going for diff look)jim

what would i need if i wanted to run a set of rears(spacer size)so as not too have to get longer studs to still use the factory wheels(just going for diff look)jim

A set of 1.25 spacers/adapters look the best with the rears in my opinion...they bring the wheel out a little bit more(about 5/8") for a more aggressive stance and help out with any front suspension issues. \lus it widens up the track a little too.These bolt on to the hub first and then the wheels bolt to them...no long studs needed so you can just remove them when you want to use the stock wheels. I do recommend going with a set that are both hub and wheel centric. Search on ebay for a company called ezaccessories. They have then that are both wheel and hub cetric for about $140 shipped for all 4

You're correct. These are dimpled. (gold)

IMG_0778.jpg

These are non-dimpled. (black)

p1090331h.jpg

Im wondering why the trans am in the lower picture is running a rear wheel on the front???? That will rub the caliper even with stock brakes! ouch
I like to run 4 fronts on all my 3rdgen birds. makes the car handle a bit better with the wider track width..

Im wondering why the trans am in the lower picture is running a rear wheel on the front???? That will rub the caliper even with stock brakes! ouch
I like to run 4 fronts on all my 3rdgen birds. makes the car handle a bit better with the wider track width..

I think people do this because the lip on the rear wheel is slighty shorter than the front wheels. They accomplish this with the use of a wheel spacer.

I know it'll fit with the spacer but being a 3rdgen guy, it just looks wrong, to me anyway!?!?!

I think the lokk people are going for is similar to what the pro touring guys are doin.....larger lip in the rear with awider tire or in this case, a wider appearing tire. I like the way it looks too honestly. I do feel that the weels on a g body tck under a little too much. I think the gtas on a gbody look best with the rears on the front with a 1.5 spacer and the fronts on the rear wth a 1 inch spacer. Widens the track a little and gives a more aggressive stance...strictly my opinion of course.

What is the largest size tire you guys are running on the rear ( which actually are the "fronts"). There seems to be no choices in a 275. Was going to pick up a set but theres no point if i can only find 245's. Any input would be great. Thanks J.

What is the largest size tire you guys are running on the rear ( which actually are the "fronts"). There seems to be no choices in a 275. Was going to pick up a set but theres no point if i can only find 245's. Any input would be great. Thanks J.

I'm running B.F. Goodrich G-Force Sport tires: 245 x 50 ZR 16's in the front and 255 x 50 ZR 16's in the rear. Don't know if they offer these any more...(as I bought them several years ago).

If they are no longer available, I understand Kumho have a decent 16" tire still available for use on 16" GTA rims....just not sure of the sizes offered.

dave

Thats what i have been hearing, Kumho's are the way to go. Now im still a lil confused about the spacer deal. Some guys run "fronts" in the rear without a spacer with no problems & some guys run "rears" in the front without spacers, but then some guys say they need spacers and longer studs. Seem to be alot of whay if with the fitments.

Thats what i have been hearing, Kumho's are the way to go. Now im still a lil confused about the spacer deal. Some guys run "fronts" in the rear without a spacer with no problems & some guys run "rears" in the front without spacers, but then some guys say they need spacers and longer studs. Seem to be alot of whay if with the fitments.

Pretty simple............Just run 4 "fronts" : 2 on the front & 2 on the rear, they will fit with NO spacers req'd. There's no "mystery" here.