Info on GTA wheels

just bought this set of reddone GTAs, are these the dimpled sets, i never had GTA's before, basically are these the ones that i want to have. unfortunately they are 2 rears and 2 fronts, not 4 fronts..:frown:
thanks.
also does anyone know where i can get the caps at the best price, and have the metal clips, not just cheap plastic..that will fall off after a launch..:eek:
thanks

cant upload the pic for some reason, anyways i looked at the ones i have they are identical to the photos above on gold TA rims, so are they dimpled?

Dimples?

Hi The gold one on top i believe are dimpled see the little divit near where the aluminum meets the webbing
I also bid on those gnx like rims wow 1450 i bid 1200
Those for 1600 are tempting
I just got a set for 350 on ebay 2 front 2 rear not too sure how they are going to look i see some 1inch wheel adapters on ebay that have studs i think that will sapce the rears properly
any one know what exactly i need to do to get the 2 front 2 rear rims to look right? Im looking to run 245 50 on front and 255 50 bf drag radials on rear.

damn there getting up there, i just bought a set for $450, with no caps. they are powdercoated & polished, with decent tires on them. too bad they arent all fronts..

wholly crap, those are deep dish. i have 2 sets of GTA wheels and the fronts aren't that deep. i didnt realize the diff. in GNX wheels.

Hi The gold one on top i believe are dimpled see the little divit near where the aluminum meets the webbing.

You're correct. These are dimpled. (gold)

IMG_0778.jpg

These are non-dimpled. (black)

p1090331h.jpg

I think they are 15 lbs i just got some delivered and they were very light feeling.

This might sounds like a crazy question but how do you apply new center wheel emblems to cover up the trans am bird? I bought centers from Kirban and engraved wheel decals but they don't fit properly as the center cap is not perfectly flat.

Thanks!

in the pictures above you can see that some wheels have a wider lip. so which one is a front and which one is a rear... i like the look of the black rim with the smaller lip for the front.

in the pictures above you can see that some wheels have a wider lip. so which one is a front and which one is a rear... i like the look of the black rim with the smaller lip for the front.

On my 89 GTA the fronts were the wider lip.

Just picked up a set of GTA's for my Monte SS.

My question is I already have my car lowered 2" in front and 1" rear.
With 245/50/16's all around there seems to be alot of space I didn't have before.
Is there a taller tire that will fit properly especially in the rear?

Before:
IMG_0925.jpg

After:
IMG_1191.jpg

Tony, the GTA "fronts" have the wider lip and the "rears" the narrower lip. The ones you traded from me are "rears" (narrow lip) to use in front of your GN...

Claude. :smile:

This might sounds like a crazy question but how do you apply new center wheel emblems to cover up the trans am bird? I bought centers from Kirban and engraved wheel decals but they don't fit properly as the center cap is not perfectly flat.

Thanks!

I ordered the turbo 6 center stickers off ebay they were "poofy" so the old emblems had to be removed as they werent just a decal. If yours are just a sticker that goes on top i have no idea, but here is what i did. I removed the old firebird logos with a heat gun just make sure you dont stay in one place to long or you will bubble the plastic on the cap. There are holes under the firebird emblem i pushed a long skinny screwdriver through to lift the old emblem off as i got it hot. Once they come off you will have to scrape/sand under where the old emblem was to get the new ones to stick. just be carefull with the with both the heat and the sanding/scraping/poking/prying as mine were pretty fragile and was lucky enough to have a spare because i did crack one.