Info on GTA wheels

just pop the cap on and put 2 or 3 dabs of silicone on the back side and call it a day....

Rear ones rarely fall off, front ones generally do. I do not know for a fact but suspect that the front brakes generate more heat than the rears do and the fronts transfer that heat to the front rims, increasing the clearance between the inner dia. of the rim where the cap mounts and the outer dia. of the cap.
This is especially true or noticeable on GTA type rims, where the surface to absorb the heat is not as great as that of stock t-type rims. At least, this has been my experience. Move your cap back & forth in the rim when the car is cold before a run, and move the cap back & forth in the rim after a run where the brakes have been used and you will see a noticeable difference. Some of the aftermarket caps made somewhere other than the US may not be sized properly. I have experienced this.

Awesome thread. This answered several questions for me. Now I know I’ve got gta rims. What size tire will fit on the back, so I sont have to worry about rubbing the frame? I have ¾” clearance with a ¼” spacer. I took this measurement with my rim on the car and no tires on the rim. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks, Rich

well maybe one of you could help me just found a set of gta wheels paid 150.00 full set any who fronts stamped 0 offset and rears 16 offset what do i need to do to use the backs from what i read sounds like im needing spacers.:confused:

Yes, to use the rear GTA's on the front of your G Body you will need a spacer (unless you have upgraded your front brakes to the LS1 setup). Some claim as little as 1/4", other as much as 5/8" with everyone else in between. You should install longer wheel studs also.

Yes, to use the rear GTA's on the front of your G Body you will need a spacer (unless you have upgraded your front brakes to the LS1 setup). Some claim as little as 1/4", other as much as 5/8" with everyone else in between. You should install longer wheel studs also.

Well what do you think about the one inch adapter that kirbans sells do they work?

Here's what I did: Called Classic Industries and ordered 4 of the GTA wheels with the zero offset. $699.99 plus shipping to my door. They have them in stock now. I ordered my lug nuts with the black covers from Kirban's and also ordered the GTA/GNX centers from Kirbans. Last but not least I ordered metal decals from buickgn.com. When it was all said and done I have less than a grand in them minus the tires. I went with 245's up front and 255's in the rear and I have absolutely no rubbing. Hope this helps.

Here's what I did: Called Classic Industries and ordered 4 of the GTA wheels with the zero offset. $699.99 plus shipping to my door. They have them in stock now. I ordered my lug nuts with the black covers from Kirban's and also ordered the GTA/GNX centers from Kirbans. Last but not least I ordered metal decals from buickgn.com. When it was all said and done I have less than a grand in them minus the tires. I went with 245's up front and 255's in the rear and I have absolutely no rubbing. Hope this helps.

How about some pictures to compliment this post?

Absolutely. I'll get a couple this evening and post tomorrow. The car is in the basement and the light isn't the best but I'll do what I can. The centers really set it off and I highly recommend his products. I've ordered several things from him (Mark Hueffman @ buickgn.com) and have yet to be disappointed.

Pics

OK...here you go. Please excuse my messy basement, car and wheels. I drove it last week and didn't realize they had sanded the roads early that morning plus I didn't cover it when I put it up and it has laundry dust all over it.

Attachments

• 2009_0126Buick0001.JPG
    2009_0126Buick0001.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,961
  • 2009_0126Buick0002.JPG
    2009_0126Buick0002.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 1,956
  • 2009_0126Buick0003.JPG
    2009_0126Buick0003.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,892
  • 2009_0126Buick0004.JPG
    2009_0126Buick0004.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,869
The non-dimpled 2 piece are the best kind. They can EASILY be cut out and rewelded for a proper GNX offset. :biggrin:

Is it wise to cut out the TTA rears that have 5.25 back spacing. You would need to move it back about 1.5 inches to get the correct backspacing for a rear GNX wheel. Has anyone done this? Is it then easy to refinish the lip?

On GTA Wheels

Classicindustries is sell Some New Reproductions Black and Gold Zero offet and 16mm offset $200 each wheel they 16x8 wheels 1982-92 GTA

These are the ones I've posted pictures of above. If you buy 4 you get them for $699.99 plus shipping.

You got those wheels from Classicindustries did the come with the Center caps or did you Purchase them separte what back sapancing did you get did you get 4 fronts with the zero offset

You got those wheels from Classicindustries did the come with the Center caps or did you Purchase them separte what back sapancing did you get did you get 4 fronts with the zero offset
Covered in post # 48 above.

Just an FYI on the latest Inner Circle from Dennis Kirban it sounds like he has an identical wheel with the proper zero offset, caps, lugs with black plastic covers and new valve stems for $999.99. Sure would have saved me a lot of trouble had I known about this when I ordered mine but I think he was out of his old style at that time. From his discription of the wheels they sound like they are identical to the ones I bought from Classic. The only other thing you would have to buy would be some center inserts which I highly recommend Mark Hueffman's products at TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, Olds G-Body Cars, S-10 Blazers/Pickups.

Just an FYI on the latest Inner Circle from Dennis Kirban it sounds like he has an identical wheel with the proper zero offset, caps, lugs with black plastic covers and new valve stems for $999.99. Sure would have saved me a lot of trouble had I known about this when I ordered mine but I think he was out of his old style at that time. From his discription of the wheels they sound like they are identical to the ones I bought from Classic. The only other thing you would have to buy would be some center inserts which I highly recommend Mark Hueffman's products at TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, Olds G-Body Cars, S-10 Blazers/Pickups.
Dennis Kirban does not have an identical wheel. Dennis's new style is virtually identical to his old style, as the webbing in the center runs out more to the outside of the rim as compared to those pictured.