I'm creating flush mount quarter windows

Never made it to FedEx yesterday. A new customer held me up at the door of the shop too long. They should be dropping the package off at the shop at 3:00 and I will check around 4.

Ok,

I had a complete meltdown yesterday. The FedEx guy dropped the packages off just as I was arriving to the shop. With excitement I ran in and cut the first box open the see how the quarters turned out. All I can say is wow what a big difference in quality. Each one was vacuum sealed with its own label. The edges are routed cleaner and the glass in general just looked better.

BUT!!!!

I turned it over and had a major case of deja vu!! They had hot stamped the quarters just like Shields had done! I called Jim and left one of the most unprofessional voice-mails of my entire career. Jim called back and apologized up and down. Stated that he told the production floor not to hot stamp them since I was paying for tooling and they were proprietary to me.

Long story short he is sending new ones out immediately no questions asked. He knows all about this website and what I've already been through and stated that If anyone wants to contact him directly about this situation to call him at

Jim Dunham
Optic Armor
573-317-9066 press option 11

So, he states I will see the glass beginning of next week (hopefully Monday or Tuesday). I apologize for all the mess guys, I'm still waiting for Ashton Kutcher from the show Punk'ed to pop out so I can beat his face in. Surely someone somewhere is laughing.

Here are some photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0870 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0870 (1024x768).jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0871 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0871 (1024x768).jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_0872 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0872 (1024x768).jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0873 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0873 (1024x768).jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 440
its amazing that ANY new products get produced, considering some of the hassles & hoops the creators have to go through some times to get them actually made!
This part is a prime example of some of the struggles!
I bet a lot of people would have probably just given up, kudos to you for sticking with it!

and thanks to the other vendors too, who get us parts made that we otherwise probably wouldn't be able to have!

WINDOWS HAVE ARRIVED. . . . . . and yes they are correct without any hotstamping.

We will start production this week and start shipping as soon as possible. I will keep everyone updated on progress and post photos as sets are finished and moving.

Best regards,

Brian

Ok,

I had a complete meltdown yesterday. The FedEx guy dropped the packages off just as I was arriving to the shop. With excitement I ran in and cut the first box open the see how the quarters turned out. All I can say is wow what a big difference in quality. Each one was vacuum sealed with its own label. The edges are routed cleaner and the glass in general just looked better.

BUT!!!!

I turned it over and had a major case of deja vu!! They had hot stamped the quarters just like Shields had done! I called Jim and left one of the most unprofessional voice-mails of my entire career. Jim called back and apologized up and down. Stated that he told the production floor not to hot stamp them since I was paying for tooling and they were proprietary to me.

Long story short he is sending new ones out immediately no questions asked. He knows all about this website and what I've already been through and stated that If anyone wants to contact him directly about this situation to call him at

Jim Dunham
Optic Armor
573-317-9066 press option 11

So, he states I will see the glass beginning of next week (hopefully Monday or Tuesday). I apologize for all the mess guys, I'm still waiting for Ashton Kutcher from the show Punk'ed to pop out so I can beat his face in. Surely someone somewhere is laughing.

Here are some photos.

I was laughing for sure. That was a good one. That sucks they hot stamped them. they look real nice. Are you going to attempt the rear window or wind shield?

Enjoyed the 4th with the fam so not a lot of progress to be honest.

We are hitting it hard this week. We set the production area up on Friday and test fit all the pieces into the fixture to ensure size was right. Let me just say the quality of these compared to the Shields version is much higher, especially on the routing.

We will start completing units this week and sending them out to the people who needed them urgently. Then we will start producing and sending the rest. I am working with my supplier on the front and rear windows as well as some other projects we are exploring.

Best regards,

Brian McClean

Any chance of flush quarter windows for the 81-87 Cutlass?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Craigalan,

We will be working on providing them for the entire G-Body lineup.

Update,

We have drilled and sanded 5 sets and are waiting for frit primer to dry. We will keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks for keeping all of us informed. I have been in your shoes trying to get product
made and shipped to my specs and it seems like it nevers happens with the initial order!
Keep up the good work!

Can these be reversed back to stock if the car is restored? Just wondering.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Coach,

Yes, it shouldn't be a problem to reverse back to stock. The only modification I have seen is on some vehicles the through hole in the window seam is smaller and will need to be drilled larger. Even if this is the case, the originals will still bolt back in with washers without issue.

Update,

The frit primer is dry on 1 set and looks good. This stuff is very thick and applies like house paint but it will protect the urethane very well for years to come. We will press inserts tonight and furnish the cap screws and hopefully we will be shipping the first sets out first thing Monday morning.

Thank you,

Brian McClean

Subscribed... Looking forward to purchasing a set. I want to wait and purchase at the price I know you arent loosing money..

Cheers,

Scott

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Update,

Should be shipping at least 3 sets this week. The new primer is very thick and is much more difficult to ensure coverage so I have layered and touched up many of the panels. 2 sets have the inserts pressed and just need the cap screws installed to finish.

Best regards,

Brian