I'm creating flush mount quarter windows

OK, Spoke with Jim at Optic Armor (They are actually the supplier who supplied Percy's)

He is ready to go and they are already postcoating the large forms. They have my payment info and will start sending blanks as soon as they are finished with trimming. I had already ordered the Frit primer, inserts, cap screws etc months ago when I was expecting to ship all these out so once I receive them I am going to take a few days off of work to make sure they get hammered out.

So far I have the following as priority shipments:

Turbonasty
87GNSteve
Twohmph

Anyone else needing these ASAP due to body/paint resto or whatever your reason, please let me know within the next week.

For everyone else, I will send yours shortly after (within days).

We will start developing the front and rear windows after this batch of quarters is finished. I've already gotten tooling quotes for production and some very loose numbers on piece price but they will need to be firmed up later.

More to come,

Brian

Jason,

I am having 2 extra sets produced to keep on hand for the immediate need and will be producing another 15 sets in 3 weeks when our cash flow levels back out. I should be receiving the first 20 sets within a week but I have many people that need their sets immediately. Once the people who have already purchased sets have received theirs I will be more than happy to sell you a kit.

For everyone else,

The blanks are cut into rough form so now they will start routing to spec. Nothing earth shattering other than that. I will keep everyone informed as I receive more news.

Also,

I have had a few people interested in the "hot stamped" pieces. I will now be selling those for a big discount to help recoup some of our lost funds. I will offer the Shields glass (with no warranty of any kind due to the nature of the purchase) at a discounted rate of $100 for both sides. That will not include any fasteners to bolt the windows in. I am losing money by selling them this cheap but it is what it is.

Thank you!

Brian

With this being 240+ posts I've been trying to follow this but there have been a lot of changes and updates. Can we get a breakdown on the final process on these. I'm very interested in this for my car but have a few questions to make sure i understand where we are now.

Price? - where does that sit at the moment after the vender changes
Install? - is this done in body and paint or can it be installed clean on a care already painted?
Pics of new product being shipped?
Is there a detailed install write-up that comes with them?
How do I purchase?

Tad.

Tad,

The pricing may change after I pay the tooling costs to the new supplier. They may be able to help me get the pricing down but there is no promises. If anything the current pricing still stands at. . . .

• $299 for the full kit + tax + shipping
  • $269 for kit minus fasteners + tax + shipping
  • $289 for kit minus painted edge + tax + shipping
  • $259 for kit minus painted edge minus fasteners + tax + shipping
Tax only applies if you live in South Carolina.

Install should always be performed after the paint work has cured if installing on a recently painted vehicle. By cured I mean at the very least, dry to the touch. Over here at BMW Manufacturing the windows are installed roughly 7 hours after the vehicle leaves the paint shop and rises to the Mezzanine.

I will include a work instruction for installation with each kit. It is fairly simple to install these windows as they are a bolt in item. The key is to ensure your installed height is correct by use of changing the washers. I pre shim them so they should be very close.

I do not have a pics of the new product being shipped as they are routing out the windows as we speak. I may have Optic Armor perform the Frit band as well as they have a patented "black out" system that seems reasonable. I promise that many people here on the board who have been waiting a very long time are anxious for photos so as soon as I get something I will be posting it

I am holding off on taking any more money until the product is sitting in my hand. I purchased 2 extra kits worth of materials so after satisfying everyone here I will sell those kits.

For everyone else who have ordered,

I have spoken with Jim @ Optic Armor and we are close to finishing the routing. He called and left a VM about providing the blackout on the glass for me. I may have this done to save time so they ship out to you guys quicker. I called him back and left a VM and will follow up in the a.m.

Best regards,

Brian

Can you post any finished cars pics I mean after they have been painted to see the finished product

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Jason,

Please read through the entire thread. There are several photos posted throughout the process. They have not been installed in a completely finished vehicle as of yet but the photos in the thread will give you an idea of that the finished product will look like.

Regards,

Brian

Spoke with Jim today. He states "our CNC router broke last week and the Production Manager has been freaking out trying to fix it. We're back up and running now and your glass will be ready within a day or two."

So, I pressed him yet again that my customers have been waiting too long. I'm hoping they ship by Wed so they can be here for the weekend.

BTW- If anyone wants to come talk in person or see the shop we have I'd love to see so buick fans. Our address is

Clean Performance
102 S. Moore St.
Duncan SC 29334

Anyone that brings work or sends it will receive a discount for being on the boards. We specialize in FI equipped late model domestics . . .and of course some TR's as well. We are able to wideband tune any GM model 97 up (not including LT1's) and some fords.

Best,

Brian McClean

Never mind I see you are still getting orders filled I will hold off for a while

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Called and left VM yesterday and this morning. I will continue calling today, I plan on calling after lunch but they are an hour behind so it will be around 2:30 our time.

Update:

I called Jim again yesterday afternoon and he informed me that the windows are all cut and formed and the coating was going on yesterday and this morning. Apparently Jim had just sent an email to me as I was calling that stated:

Brian, your qtr’s are cut and formed, they will be coated tonight and tomorrow, so they should go out on Monday. Thanks again!

Jim Dunham
sales & marketing
Optic Armor Performance Windows

He said on the phone that the windows may ship today.

Windows have shipped!!!

I will let everyone know the minute they hit our door. I have the list of names of those who are in immediate need and those who can wait so I will be working off of that. I also discussed with Optic the screen printing option for the frit band so we will be working to purchase that equipment next.

Thanks,

Brian

It did but I've been in Charleston on business and my brother (business partner) has been working at another location of ours so the FedEx warehouse has it. I will be picking it up today and will post pics later. Our "immediate need" batch will start shipping towards the end of this week.