I'm creating flush mount quarter windows

Update:

Ok, things have taken a turn for the worse! My supplier has turned a cold shoulder to me on this whole deal now. They won't return calls or emails, and the last thing the sales manager (the only one who answers the phone) tells me is that they will not refund the product.

So now I'm out thousands of dollars! My attorney is helping me file against them in small claims court but that will take months. I've contacted PayPal Mastercard and they have a 60-90 day process for getting the money back.

Long story short I'm going to get a personal loan to get these made elsewhere. I have found a new vendor that actually offers a superior product for the same price. Problem is I have to get test pieces from them to make sure everything is going to work out properly. I sent the GD&T for both components off on Friday so hopefully this week I will hear something. I told the new supplier that this was VERY time critical. I'm trying to arrange Net terms so I'm not out of pocket for too long but that's still up in the air.

I truly apologize for everyone having to wait. I am taking every measure to make this right and please know that I will provide only the best product. I refuse to send this CRAP out just to make timely deliveries. The glass I received is nothing short of pathetic, bad dims, the hot stamping is done sloppy and some have multiple stamps, just real trash!

If anyone has any questions or just wants to speak with me my business cell is 864-832-7647.

Thank you for you patience and understanding!!

Brian McClean

Why don't you just post a pic of where the logo is and see if the buyers mind it or don't mind it.

If the people who have sent you money don't mind the logo then you can make them with no worries.

After all, it will be their quarter windows so let them decide.

D

I second that if the logo is not honking big i may be ok with it. But, i want to speak with you about this. I called the number you posted and its a automated message...i left a message on that number as well as a pm here. Please contact me asap.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using TurboBuick mobile app

Sorry for being the group dick but I don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling any more. No pictures of anything, random periods of being Mia, lots of cash... Call me a pessimist

For one, if you really are having issues contact robert@classicautoglassinovations.com he only makes this kind of stuff and quoted me 80 bucks a pair if I ordered 100 before you came up with the idea. I passed his info to Brian but it never came to be because of the order minimum. He is big on pro-touring.com and a very cool guy.

2nd everyone is approaching their dispute threshold where they have no recourse if it does go bad through PayPal or their credit card.

3rd. Hate to be a super buzz joy but Percy's speedglass makes the same product currently for 2/3 the price without the mounts installed. You could just buy those and insert the fittings, I called and asked. I was buying to support our community here.

In my opinion The logo would need to be very small and barely noticeable for me to be ok with it being melted into the window.If it would be very small along the bottom edge..... maybe it would be ok as long as its not real bold,but to be real honest I would prefer it to be hidden on the inside somewhere.

What kind of warranty was the company going to provide by adding there logo? I dont want one with a logo in the center but I would feel better if I seen pics of it.

I just spoke on the phone with Brian and he said he is going to post up pics of the area that the company stamped their name on the blanks as well as more detailed info. He alao stated that anyone feel free to call him at the number he posted. I explained to him that we have had some hustlers on the boards in the past/now selling items and that any several day gaps on posts or lack of pics, etc cause paranoia to mount quickly and people start to bail and that he keep everyone posted of the progress. He says hes working the issue.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok,

I am not here to rip anyone off. I just spoke with Turbonasty about the situation. If you are worried then CALL ME!!

I haven't posted pictures because the vendors name and number are in the logo and this poses a slander countersuit risk for me. But I'll post them with the stipulation that NO ONE call them. Hell, I'll go further and post my paypal account info showing where they debited my account.

Here are the photos. No need to dispute your purchase guys, call me and I'll refund you today. I'm sorry for all the trouble and confusion. I got robbed and now its affecting everything.

Attachments

• photo.JPG.jpeg
    photo.JPG.jpeg
    639.2 KB · Views: 314
  • photo.JPG1.jpeg
    photo.JPG1.jpeg
    688.4 KB · Views: 303
I am trying to decide how noticeable it would be with the black edges and the window all finished up in the car.:confused:Other question I have if you were to tint the window that will make it show up more yet would it not? I just looked the original windows do have a logo too,I think the writing may be a bit smaller.I just dont want the logo to be the first thing that jumps out at you when you walk up to the car if you know what I mean.

Brian are the red lines scribed on the window supposed to be where the black edges are supposed to be.

There are many reasons why this glass will never be sent out.

1. The logo is hot stamped! For those who do not understand what this means, the logo is literally melted into the outer surface of the plastic. That means while approaching the car the once smooth window now has a large textured surface in the lower corner. TRUST ME, it looks like crap.
  2. The logo isn't mine! I would never advertise for a Tier 1 supplier to my company. Nor would I shove my name in your face either. It just looks bad.

Rude dog, the red lines are to help them center the hot stamped logo. Our frit band would cover half of the logo so it would look even worse and more noticeable if the band was there.

Just so everyone knows whats going on I am working with a new polycarbonate supplier in NY. I will contact Percy's as well, but they don't sell a finished product so Dsapper's price point is out the door. Just so everyone knows I'm not making much on these. If Percy's can match my price point and offers a post coating similar to the quality I'm looking for then they may be an option.

Again, lets not knee jerk on this. I will honor any refunds from 45 days past YOU RECEIVING product. I'm not a piece of crap. . . . I promise. My cell number again is 864-832-7647.

Fair enough.
I will say, I have been critical on this ever since you went MIA from 3-3 to 3-24.
I would like to see a good outcome on this for you, although I am still skeptical.
Shit happens and I understand it's beyond your control.

Good luck
D

I suggest selling the no good/ugly ones for full race car applications. Shoot out a price you might move a few sets.

Update:

I've sent my blanks out to a new supplier. If anyone wants to check them out their name is Highline Polycarbonate - http://highlinepc.com/. I'd mistakenly stated they were in NY but its PA . . . . .too many things going on at once I guess. The blanks went out FedEx ground so they should be there by Thursday.

I have filed a complaint with the Indiana Attorney General (case # 11019565). They will make a decision within 10-14 working days and if they take the case they will take legal action against Form-Tec. I may get my money back quickly if this happens. I have also filed with the Indiana BBB as well, and PayPal Mastercard. I can't file in small claims until after the Attorney General's office takes care of things from a legal aspect.

As for selling the product I have to wait until all this legal mumbo jumbo clears. If I get my money back and I'm required to return product I will need to have all of it. If not then yes, I will sell to make up for my losses.

For those who have stuck with this . . .THANK YOU! It will work out, we just hit a bump in the road. We will move on just fine.

Best regards,

Brian McClean