I'm creating flush mount quarter windows

chopped, Thanks!

Update:

Well 8 of you (and you know who you are) have stepped up and committed. This is enough for me to order the window blanks from my supplier. I will be placing my order first thing tomorrow morning as they are expecting to hear from me anyway. Thanks for responding so fast to me today!!

For everyone else, there are 3 of you who have invoices left. . . . .I'm ordering 10 kits worth so It's only fair that the next 2 to pay get locked in on this order. I will be making another batch once this one is completed so for anyone not getting in on these first one's you will be first in line to receive kits on the second batch.

I will update everyone as materials come in and production starts.

Best regards,

Brian

I will post pics when I install mine as my car came back from paint is bare and going back together.:)

OK,

The first batch is complete. I added 2 orders to the initial 10 to bring the total to 12 orders for the first batch. I am now taking reservations on the second batch. I need 6 confirmed sets to get materials. Please PM me if you are interested; micknick1 and buickjeff I will PM you both.

Thank you!

Brian

Hey Brian, can you PM me a price for a set? For some reason I can't send a PM to you. Thanks Michael

Update,

I was able to add to the first order for materials so I have 14 sets of blanks heading my way. There are still 3 people with pending payments and only 1 vacant spot so first come first serve.

I have also found a better frit primer as well. I'm going to test it on some spare poly I have and update everyone.

Best regards,

Brian

Brian,
Would putting some frit primer in the hole before installing the fasteners remove the contrast and possibly remove the ability to see the fasteners!?!

2ToneNV,

I do put frit primer in the holes; refer further back in this thread. If there was no frit primer then the hole would be completely white. The visual presence is from the drilling of the poly (frosting).

Regards,

Brian

Brain, When I did stereo installs we used to flame polish the edge of the plexi. Would that work in the holes to remove the frosting? Or is the frosting from pressing in the fittings?

dsapper,

Plexi is much different from Poly in the way of thermal properties (unlike plexi, poly is a thermo-plastic). If a flame is introduced anywhere near the poly it will release trapped moisture and create vapor expansion (air bubbles).

Plexi is acrylic based and very brittle. It is not affected by high localized heat in the same manner due to its low moisture absorption rate.

Even if the flame polish worked (which I'm sure with a little practice we might be able to do) the insert "bites" into the material anyway causing the frosted look as well.

UPDATE:

I've finally received the sales order from my supplier for 14 left blanks and 14 right blanks. They are stating that the delivery will be April 12th. I'm going to push them harder for a quicker turn around.

Testing with the new Sika primer is going well. I'm actually really excited about this as it will speed production and allow better chemical bond for the urathane.

Best regards,

Brian