I'm creating flush mount quarter windows

Ok,

Highline received my blanks on Friday morning. They should be making some molds this week. I will follow up with them on Monday morning to find out how long this should take. They will also be providing me with a quote which hopefully won't be much higher than what the last supplier charged.

Best regards,

Brian McClean

The Spoolfool two cents...
I've watched this project struggle through the NORMAL learning process that all new products go through before they become the final deal. I know this all too well from my own projects. Personally, I don't tell anyone what I'm doing until it's done. Brian has chose to share the learning curve as he's doing it. This puts ten times more pressure on him than doing it the way I did. Innovators who are willing to take all the risks and develop new parts for our cars are getting to be a rare thing these days. I applaud Brian's innovative spirit and ask all who are involved to have patience and support this endeavor. It would be very cool if this were a successful and profitable new product, to be followed by other things. Some day, I hope to have a set of these on my car. Brian, take your time and make the product that you want to have. You have very high standards, and like me, you are your own worst enemy when it comes to being a critic.

Thanks for taking this on. This thing is going to rock.:)

Mike Barnard

Ill have to say Mike and Brian have balls to step up build stuff for cars that are 20+ years old. And then pass them on to us . I cant wait to see these windows. I like McCleans's avatar. I never noticed it till today.Cool

Thanks Mike!! I needed that more than you know. Its been a rough three weeks.

I called our supplier yesterday and left a message on their machine. I will follow up this morning to find out where we stand. They will be producing the molds off of the blanks that I have sent since they are dim correct. They stated Friday that they will send several blanks so I can test consistency. I will re-post this afternoon again and inform everyone on the progress.

Chopped39,

Thats our company logo. We are having a 5' by 5' of it routed for the side of our shop

I spoke with Highline today regarding the molding process. We decided since I sent two DIM correct pieces to them that it would be faster and far less expensive to produce the molds off of the glass I sent vs. the 2D mechanical drawings. I'm hoping with this solution that the process will happen much quicker!

Also, For those who have waited, I will offer a considerable discount on the front and rear flushmount glass kits I am working on now. I'm performing the GD&T for the front and rears and will be sending the actual glass up to Highline once the Quarters are in production.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian! Brian! Brian! Brian! Brian!!!! Hip hip hooray.. hip hip..... just doesn't seem the same when you type it.. but you have my full support. Keep it up! I hope you corner the G-body market with flush mounts .

I like to thank you and wish you good luck. Like others have said, not many people step up to the plate and produce Quality Products. It seem you are doing such. Take your time. Looking forward to seeing your Product and trying them out on My Car.
Regards
Benny

Thanks for all the support.

I spoke with Highline again on Friday and he is pushing to have the molds completed this week. They will then produce 2 full sets for testing and postcoat them. Then they will ship to me for testing in the cubing fixture. Once that is confirmed I will be placing my order for the rest.

The BBB has submitting my claim against Form-Tec and Form-Tec rebutted with downright lies. I have countered against them and will continue to do so. The complaint number is #9516842 if anyone is interested in looking. The Indiana Attorney General cannot take my case since I'm not a consumer but rather a business. So I am now going to file against them in small claims. I MAY break even if I win but its more about the principle. More to come with that I'm sure but they will hate they screwed me when after it's all said and done. That's a promise you can bet on!!

On another note we are having a grand opening at our new shop in a few weeks. Big cookout and bike/car show. I'll keep everyone posted on the details if anyone is interested in coming and seeing what we do. We are located in Duncan SC.

Thanks and stay dry!

-Brian

I followed up with Highline and they are still plugging away at the molds. Apparently I'm not their only customer (insert sarcasm) so I am staying on top of them to get these test pieces done quickly. I will update everyone as soon as I hear something different.

Thanks,

Brian

OK,

Spoke with Highline Friday morning and they are making the molds for high production. We are talking weeks of production time for the aluminum drape forming materials to be produced. . . . .blah blah blah. Anyway while they are still going on their end I decided to circumvent the process and have two suppliers to get this product out.

SO. . .

I contact Percy's Optical Plastics. Dsapper was wrong OR was given misinformation. P.O.P. does NOT make a current blank for the Regal G-Body, only the Monte Carlo. They do make a blank that is formed in general specs that I can route out and make a finished product with. So I have spoken with them about my situation and they are going to help me out. If the product they send is good then I may just use them from here out. They said they could send the blanks to get me going and then make a molded product just as the previous crappy supplier did (minus the ridiculous logo). I have already sent Jim the DIM's so they have what they need to quote. I should here from him on Monday morning on a quote for 20 sets of blanks.

If everything works out I'm hoping to get them quickly and start working. These will take much more work as they will need to be routed, chamfered, and then the rest of the process. But I think this will allow me to start moving product within a week or so.

Thanks you!!!

Brian

P.O.P came through!!

I'm sending them my dim correct pieces so they can cut the blanks close to what I need. They were very accommodating and are really helping me out through this. We also discussed full flush mount kits including the front and rear glass. I am going to work with them to produce everything. We discussed alot today, even the other G-Body lines.

Soo.... I'm sending glass and then they should be able to send product within 1 week. I need to know who has a car in paint and are waiting badly and who can wait an extra week or two before receiving. For the most part everyone paid within a few days so I would ask if you aren't time sensitive to allow those who are to receive theirs first.

Thanks everyone,

Brian

My car is back from paint waiting to put it back together

Attachments

• car pics 024.jpg
    car pics 024.jpg
    929.3 KB · Views: 229