Idle question

jk kelly

My car has a high idle,and the lever isn't resting in the idle adjustment screw, I can push it against it with my hand and it will idle down or tap the pedal real fast and it will rest against the screw and idle down, then when I give it gas it won't go back against the screw, and over and over again, the pedal has some resistance at first trying to give it gas then it's fine but when I stop still high idle , when the car is off ,not running there is no resistance at all it's normal.any thoughts?

Maybe your throttle blade and throttle body need a thorough cleaning.

Either the throttle body needs cleaning or the throttle shaft is worn. Is this a stock throttle body or aftermarket?

If it's caused by a worn throttle shaft the vacuum from the engine pulls the throttle plate towards the back of the motor binding it in the bore. When you shut the motor off there is no vacuum pulling on the throttle plate.

If it's caused by a worn throttle shaft the vacuum from the engine pulls the throttle plate towards the back of the motor binding it in the bore. When you shut the motor off there is no vacuum pulling on the throttle plate.
Gotcha, I understand now, that's sounds what's wrong, thanks man for the info!