IAC and idle problem

1nadrag

Ok I put in a new iac and reset it according to the gntype. org procedure. Now the car is running pig rich and stumbles when I take off from a dead stop. All of my readings on the scanmaster are fine. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Tom

You'll really need a scan tool to set it properly. You, I'm afraid, are just another victim of a procedure that gets more people in trouble than it helps.

Post your Idle readings from the scanmaster. Also list your mods done to the car along with the chip.

Dannyo

Need to knowe your mods in order to diagnose your problem. Offhand, my first guess, is incompatability between your injectors & your chip.

First off the car was running great until after going wot it started running rough at idle. Ended up being the iac gasket partley blew apart creating a vacuum leak. So I put a new gasket in and while tighting the iac it broke. So I put in a new one set it according to the web site and I have the same problem again, running rough at idle and starting off from a stop. Still runs great after 1500 rpm's on up. Scanmaster shows 800 =/- 25 rpm's and 23- 40 iac when engine is warm. This is the only thing I have done to it. TPS is at 44.
List of mods

231 c.i. Buick V6
Ported & Polished Heads
Champion Ported Intake
Ported Throttle Body &
Upper Plenum
Poston Headers
009 injectors ( 42.5 lbs per hour )
TE44 Turbo
Kenne Bell Front Mount Intercooler
210-205 cam
Hi Volume Oil Pump
3 inch Down Pipe
Flowmaster Exhaust
LT1 MAF with translater
SMC Alcohol Injection
I am not sure what chip is in the car. I have ordered an extended chip just in case it isn't one. This setup was on the car when I bought it. The motor was rebuilt 1200 miles ago and have not had any problems till this happened.

Did you clean out the seat for the IACV pintle? Could be a chunk of old threads casing from the fragged original IACV stuck in there. :( Or just dirt/carbon.

Ahhhh still messing with those 009's...

Get the 50's and I'll set'm up for you...and get the car idling like a northstar Cadillac..

;)

I have a much smoother idle when my IAC counts are between 10 and 20, preferably 15.

Dannyo