i want the old forum back

Hey guys,I have this new thing you don't want or need and I want your opinion. If your opinions are negative I'm going to force you to take this thing anyway. In response to your feedback I'll be calling you names and telling you to shut up. You see I don't really want or need your opinion. Now bend over and take a deep breath. You're going to feel some pressure.
Really?! That's some response.
I notice a lot of the bitchers are less than a 1000 posts and really unaware of what it takes to run a board.
And then to use the word force, WHO TF is forcing you? Is there a mobster that comes over and makes you logon to TBS.com?
I mean really......

This is gay. The arguments that is. Let's all hug it out. We all love the forum whether it's the new one or the old one. Thanks to the mods/admins and to all the posters on this site.

Some people need to have a dick sewn on their cheek so they can piss and moan at the same time. :biggrin:

We are losing car count, vendor's, etc. everyday and IMO people should be thankful someone is willing to invest their time and money into a dying hobby.

I love to hang out on TB as much as anyone, but whats really important in life isn't what color the forum is or isn't. Just think about that for a second.

Well I like new things,except women because that is way too costly;)The worst thing that happened to me was i clicked on and the site was down:eek:damm I had my first panic attack.Can't imagine a day without this bunch of crazy people:biggrin:Everyone chill everything works out in the end

Kevin

What is this some kind of "Scare Tactic" reasoning, LS1tech and Yellowbullet are on the "old" vBulletin versions, and they are not worried.

"tech" is owned by the same people that own VBulletin actually which means they have a lot of resources for it at their disposal as well as full control over the code base. And in case you didn't notice the Bullet gets hacked every month or two so it's not like it's doing any better.

Even though there are advertiser $ being paid to the owners of this board it's mostly done for the community. Trust me I know, I've put in a lot of sleepless nights doing work on forums. Ever priced a copy of VBulletin, or a server/quality VPS monthly for a high traffic board? It is nowhere near as cheap as you think it is. If you think it's easy I can tell you who to go to so you can start your own Buick site. My bet is less than 90 days before the towel gets thrown in. If you have all the time and money more power to you. Hell even JC will approve I imagine.

My problem is pretty simple. It doesnt cost people anything to use this board. Even when people have offered donations, Shane has turned them down. So he comes out of pocket to upgrade the board, we spend the time and effort doing it and for what? So a bunch of unappreciative people can come on here and bitch and complain about stuff they dont like. If that makes me come off as a dick then so be it. It sucks spending hours over here optimizing, making backups, patching the forums, etc only for people to bitch and moan about stuff that doesnt work, isnt how people like it or in this case, how much better the old forum was. I guess people forgot about how slow the old board was and how the board was basically hacked for 3 or 4 months while we worked on the upgrade.

Preaching to the choir here. It takes devotion not only to the board its self but the community at large to run something like this. People like you have a lot (great great deal) going on so between the cars, the family, friends, work and so on finding time to do something like this can be a miraculous if you really stop to think about it. Once again my hats off to you.

Check out Who is "admin" with all the ebay stuff? in the Internet Fraud forum.
In this thread Jay says this upgrade cost +$2000. I posted should have kept the $2000 and now I got locked from that thread. I'll say it again here then, should have kept the $2000. Guess I'll be locked out of this thread too.

Check out Who is "admin" with all the ebay stuff? in the Internet Fraud forum.
In this thread Jay says this upgrade cost +$2000. I posted should have kept the $2000 and now I got locked from that thread. I'll say it again here then, should have kept the $2000. Guess I'll be locked out of this thread too.

How about I go one better? See you in 3 days.

Leg has been swept.

Well-played-sir-well-played.jpg

That seriously just made me LOL. Thanks, I needed that.

all I wanna see is some hot lil mommas showing as much skin as possible posing with some turbo buicks!
is there really anything else that matters?

new site looks fine to me, no problems at all navigating it.
good job guys